Hello from Virginia

michelew

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Lynn,

A big HI from cloudy Sydney.

You've definitely come to the right place to fill in the gaps of your knowledge of music. What Neil doesn't know...well it can't be much.

I'd love to see you playing. The best way to get the most out of TG is to jump in boots and all. While you're documenting your progress, video it too and show us what you're working on. It's a great way to see how you're improving, to see the new skills you're gaining and to keep yourself motivated for those times when you think you'll never get that thing you're trying to do.

Participate in the forum too.

I can't wait to see your first video. The sooner the better.

Have fun and see you around.

Shel

tovo

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Another hello from Australia. Welcome aboard Lynn. Virginia is a place I would sure love to see.

tacticaltal

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Welcome aboard, from Indiana, Lynn. Can't wait to hear where you're at right now, and watch you through videos as you improve. Follow Ness' links to the busking channel, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Terry

auntlynnie

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Hey there,
I'm home from my California trip, and trying to upload a video. I decided to first post a video of me playing an old song that I've probably been playing for 30 years. I've been playing it the same way all this time, and one of the things I want to learn to do is improve it, embellish it, and change it up a bit. So here's the basic song, Deep River Blues, sort of in the style of Doc Watson.
Lynn

BobR

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi Lynn,

Way to jump right in. Very nice. Nice way to change the timing and Hawaiian shirts you say? Did Neil put you up to that :laugh:

Thanks for sharing

Bob

michelew

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Lynn,

That was really cool, you sound great. I love the movement you've got going there and you look so at ease in your playing and performing, you're a natural on the camera.

I liked the shake up you gave the song when you played with the timing too. I'm sure Neil can help you with the improv and embellishments, or one of the advanced players here. Me, I'll just watch and learn.

So I need to get me a Hawaiian shirt. B) haha! Well it will give me an excuse to where a colour other than black. :)

Cool video.

Thanks for showing us. I look forward to the fly on the walls with Neil.

Shel

willem

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 am

Hi Lynn, I very much enjoyed your video with your introduction and playing, so please upload it in the busking channel. Then again, if you want to improve on it, you'd better upload it for review, so that Neil can take a look at it. (he doesn't do that with busking renditions).

Also, that way other members won't miss your first upload!! :)

cheers!

Ness

willem

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 am

Hi Lynn..I almost missed your video,,It is a kind of music I really want to learn and hope to see more video from you,,(other styles are also welcome)

I think you are a great player with a lot of experience so I am very curious what Neil can find to improve your playing,so I'm looking forwards to that fly on the wall..

Willem

auntlynnie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks, everyone for your kind replies.

As I mentioned in my intro, I tend to memorize the tab, and never really learn the music in the song. So my goal is to learn what is going on musically so I can improvise, improve, and make changes, so that I really get to know the song. As Vanessa suggested, I posted it on the Busking forum. Is that where I should post all videos?

Thanks,
Lynn

willem

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:06 am

auntlynnie wrote:
Thanks, everyone for your kind replies.

As I mentioned in my intro, I tend to memorize the tab, and never really learn the music in the song. So my goal is to learn what is going on musically so I can improvise, improve, and make changes, so that I really get to know the song. As Vanessa suggested, I posted it on the Busking forum. Is that where I should post all videos?

Thanks,
Lynn

Here I am again :blush: you can also upload for review by Neil,,if you go to TARGET student reviews(you see the button on the left) you will see how to do that(there is the uploader)

Willem :blush: :blush: :laugh: B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic