Hello from Virginia

auntlynnie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Greetings fellow guitarists!
I'm Lynn (Auntlynnie on this site) from Virginia. I've been playing since I was ten (that's 44 years...Yikes!), mostly fingerpicking. I enjoy playing, but must admit that I have just memorized other people's tabs for songs, so I've never really learned the music, and that is what I hope to learn here. I have a nice little parlor guitar made about 30 years ago, and that has been my go-to guitar for many years, plus I have a few others (I posted photos of them on my profile). My husband also plays guitar, piano, and bass.

On a recent visit to California, I had a lesson with Neil and it was so helpful! He figured out what was missing from my and how to remedy the problem. Some of that lesson may end up as a "Fly on the wall" lesson. While I played rather poorly, the lesson was incredibly helpful for me. I'm going to use the blog feature to write about and track my progress.
Cheers,
Lynn

Catman

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Welcome aboard!

David!

dennisg

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Greetings from Seattle, Lynn. Many of us really only just started to play the guitar when we came to this site, so you're way ahead of us. You're going to find helpful people in this forum from all over the world, so I'd encourage you to post a video and let the love reign down on yourself.

- dennis

BobR

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Welcome Lynn,

You've definitely come to the right place and you've already met Neil. I am a bit jealous :laugh:

Enjoy

Bob

familyman4

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Welcome Lynn,

There are many, many people that have played guitar by ear or learned songs from memorization & have decided to take it to the next level. Just like you are describing :) You have definately found the right spot to learn more about the guitar than you ever thought possible.

Have fun and enjoy this wonderful site. Neil and his entire team work very hard to help us all...

Welcome aboard.

Bart

willem

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Welcome from the Netherlands,,can't wait to see and hear what you can add on your guitarplaying after playing for 30 years, I think it will be great..I started with really learn the guitar when I discoverd this site

Looking forward to meet you..

Willem

auntlynnie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I' m trying to pist my video, but can't seem to recall my youtube password (they are all in a file back home).
Hm...
Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi Lynn, great to have you on board and I hope you have a ball here! So cool that you had a 1-2-1 with Neil.

Hmm, the blog function... I've been here since the early days but I don't remember seeing a blog entry for a very long time... problem is, folks can't easily see that a blog entry has been posted so you may want to use the forum or let us know somehow that you have blogged.

Chris in Swiss

sbutler

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Good to hear from you Lynn. Sounds like your visit with Neil got you hooked. Lots of us say the same thing. No matter what your skill level is, he'll make you a more rounded musician, and that will make you a better guitar player.

Glad your with us.
Scott

(alaska)

sbutler

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Lynn and another welcome from the Netherlands!

How great to have you aboard and yeah, I'm jealous too, would love to meet Neil sometime! ;)

As for posting videos, you can do that here through the buskingchannel, or the reviewchannel, so please do!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/busking/

http://www.totallyguitars.com/index.php ... Itemid=223

Take care and have fun! :)

cheers

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic