Hello from Seattle, Washington

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 am

Welcome from Ventura, CA. I was up in you neck of the woods some years ago for a wedding and was also lucky enough to miss the rainy weather. What a beautiful city. I love that you get to play with your son, and that he has shown an interest. The two of you should have a lot of fun on the site.... B)

MJ

familyman4

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 am

Welcome aboard! You will find plenty to work on inside the target program.

Bart in Arizona

BigBear

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 am

Kevin- a big welcome from just down the road in Portland (Tigard). You did an incredibly smart thing by joining TARGET if you are serious about learning this often frustrating instrument. But we're all here to help you.

Use this forum to your advantage. If you find a challenge let us know because we've probably all faced the same thing before. There is a ton of really good stuff on this site. I used to tell people to just dive right in but I like the suggestion of going slowly and finding what interests you. I just realized I have over 30 songs I'm working on and that is just too many to learn well.

But most importantly, have fun and commit the time to get better. TARGET is the best investment I've ever made in music learning but I have to stay on it and practice. There still is no substitute.

Good luck and Happy Playin'!!

Cheers! :cheer:

BobR

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Welcome Kevin,from the other coast.

There is so much here you're sure to have a great time.

Bob
from Massachusetts

tacticaltal

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Welcome, Kevin, from SW Indiana to both you and your son.

It is indeed a loaded site.

I will echo what some of the others have said that you should upload a video of you and/or your son playing.

If you have any questions, the forum is very active and will jump right in for you.

~terry

auntlynnie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Kevin,

Welcome. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. It is a great place to learn, no matter where you are in your guitar studies.

And the people here are wonderfully supportive.

Cheers,

Lynn (Auntlynnie)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic