Hello from Indianapolis

rick8728

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Hey all,

I love pickin'-n-grinnin'. I like acoustic covers of classic songs. My goal is to work up a set list and occasionally play out as a solo guitarist and singer. Here's one of the songs that I've worked up on guitar (Bennie & the Jets). Most people don't think of it as an acoustic song but I think it works nicely.

-Rick

Bennie and the Jets

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Great first post Rick! With a voice like yours you'll do fare well in your venture, I'm sure. That was a very cool interpretation and you seem all set. Join up to TARGET and you'll have all the resources you need.

Well done and welcome from Switzerland!
Chris

Music Junkie

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Welcome from Ventura, CA, Rick. I agree with Chris.... Great first post... B)

Nice cover of a great old tune. I have that same guitar, and just love it! Great job!

Jason

AcousticAl

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Great guitar, great pipes, great first post!!

Little disappointed that you didn't reach for the REALLY high, falsetto, repeating 'Benny & the Jets' at the end ;)

Welcome!

cosmicmechanic

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
... Little disappointed that you didn't reach for the REALLY high, falsetto, repeating 'Benny & the Jets' at the end ;) ...
Hi Rick, fine intro there. All I can suggest is that you put a thumbtack on your stool before sitting on it, then Al will be quite satisfied. Welcome!

Pierre.

dekotaj

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:26 am

Darn Rick,
Welcome to TG.What and entrances.Not to many folks doing Sir Elton songs on solo acoustic.Really enjoyed the playing and singing.

BRAVO!!!Sir

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic