A lurking member comes forward...

helodrvr

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Hello,
I am Mel Hughes from Sparta, TN, a little community nestled into the western edge of the Cumberland Plateau, about 90 miles east of Nashville. I have been playing guitar in some manner since 1963 or so. I played in garage bands, then with small folk groups. Most of my beginnings were self taught or picked up from band mates. Later, I studied music for several years in college but ultimately took a different career path (thanks to Uncle Sam and the draft...) In the last few years, I have been trying to expand my skill, trying to learn more fingerstyles in a broader range of music from James Taylor things to Bluegrass, and even some blues. So this forum and the lessons have been a great source of information for me.

Mel

beaker

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Right on Mel! Keep on pickin'! You must have some skills if youve been playing since 63' That's longer than ive been alive! I'll look for one of your student posts. Good luck, Beaker.

willem

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Welcome from the the Netherlands that is.. I'm looking forward to know you better,,so come forward as much you want,,upload some videos so we can meet,,

This is the place to share some skills and music taste and inspire everyone,,

Willem

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Mel:

Glad you stepped out of the lurking shadows.... ;) If you have been playing that long, I am sure you have tons of great stories and knowledge to share. You are certainly right about the wealth of resources here... B)

dennisg

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Welcome, Mel. If your goal is to expand your guitar skills, you're going to love it here.

For the benefit of our many international members, TN is the abbreviation for Tennessee. We often forget that the entire world isn't tuned in to the details of America.

tombo1230

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Welcome from Scotland Mel. You have been playing guitar for fifty years wow! I for one am looking forward to you first video upload. (No pressure) :)

I am glad you have come out of the shadows. Don't be a stranger in the forum, I am sure you have a wealth of experience to share with us.

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:04 am

Good move on stepping into the light Mel... have fun!

auntlynnie

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 am

Welcome from Virginia.

Mel, I began enjoying this site so much more since I've started posting on the boards.

Glad to (virtually) meet you,

lynn

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:12 am

Hi Mel and welcome from the Netherlands!

Wanna wish you lots of fun here at TG, to me absolutely the place to be for learning to play the guitar or for expanding your skills.

All the best,

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic