I-Pad usage on TG site

familyman4

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 am

Hello fellow TGers,

I have a friend that has registered on this TG site with his I-Pad. However, his I-Pad cannot play any of the free lesson videos. He can watch videos that are posted on the forum.

I know that several of you have been using your I-Pads so I was just wondering if there is a spot on the site with special instructions for the I-pad? Or, is there a simple fix for this issue?

Please advise....

Bart

michelew

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 am

I recently had problems watching videos on my iPad. The issue was resolved my clearing the cookies in the Safari app.

I'm not sure when I last watched a free lesson. But From memory the videos all work now, perhaps with the exception of some of the on/off the beat stuff.

TG also has a podcast app.

I'll have a look at the free stuff over the weekend and tell you how I go.

My only advice for using an iPad is to watch it in low resolution, which won't affect your viewing but will make the download faster and minimize buffering and delays.

Good luck.

M

desertgator

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks for the response. The question about the ipad from Familyman4 was actually for me.
I tried clearing the cookies in Safari, but still no help. When I click on any of the free lessons, there is no video. It shows that I need to have adobe flash player 9 in order to viiew videos. Is there an app that i can download? Is there an app that you use on your ipad since adobe flash is not avilable on ipad?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Desertgator

Music Junkie

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 am

Hey desertgator, welcome aboard..... B)

Just drop a ticket to support and let them know the videos you are having trouble with. I did that for a few that I could not watch, and within a day or so they had re-configured them and they worked fine. At one time they were re-sizing the whole lot to be able to work on tablets, but I am not sure how far they got. I do know that the lessons I have tagged as favorites all work on my IPad, and I am on the IPad 1. Hope that helps.

Jason

trix606

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 am

Hi desertgator,

I find that setting the video resolution on the video (the drop down box just below the video) allows me to watch videos on the iPad.

Hope this helps,

Harry

BobR

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Not sure if this helps, but I just bought an iPad and I couldn't seem to see any lessons. I submitted a ticket and they promptly got back to me with the following information

" You have to click on the lesson part twice to get the lesson to start. First time you click the lesson part the video box will go black, once you click on it again the play button will load and it should play fine."

I followed this and it worked no problem.

Bob

michelew

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

desertgator wrote:
Thanks for the response. The question about the ipad from Familyman4 was actually for me.
I tried clearing the cookies in Safari, but still no help. When I click on any of the free lessons, there is no video. It shows that I need to have adobe flash player 9 in order to viiew videos. Is there an app that i can download? Is there an app that you use on your ipad since adobe flash is not avilable on ipad?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Desertgator
Desertgator,

Things seem to have changed in the world of free lessons.

As far as I'm aware there is no plug in for Adobe Flash for an iPad (or none we'd want to use anyway...I'm pretty sure I've gotten that response from my iT guru before). Unfortunately, we just need to wait for developers to stop using the damn thing and to realise that lots of people use an iPad only now and therefore.... (I digress). It's frustrating to be sure.

In truth I didn't get one of the free lessons to work, because.... I kept going around in circles and seemed to keep landing in the pay per lesson section. Perhaps I kept taking a wrong turn... But perhaps there are a few link issues that the TG tech wizards need to check.

The "you need adobe to view this" box I saw was for a video explaining the pay per lesson deal, not a song. There does appear to be a "get a free lesson a week" deal happening, but I didn't manage to get to any actual video link so I could test it for you.

I can only assume that the world of free lessons isn't working for me because I am a TARGET member.

The best advice I can give you at this point is to lodge a ticket explaining your issue in as much detail as you can. The TG help desk people are wonderful and will get you playing if you can find the problem together.

I can tell you that the TARGET lessons work on an iPad. You do often need to click on the links a couple of times, but then you're OK.

Good luck.

Michele

familyman4

Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Wanted to say thank you for proving me correct!!! I told desertgator that we could post the question on the forum and get some friendly advice. Sure enough you folks came a running to help. Unfortunately, he is still having the same issues so he is submitting a ticket to support.

Just a quick note of appreciation for your efforts!!!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic