Newbie From Puyallup, WA

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 am

Hi Danny and welcome from the Netherlands!

I hope you'll have fun on the site, wish you happy playing! :)

cheers

Vanessa

coomba

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 am

Oops....I see you literally erased even your intro (which I had read last night).....sorry about that...

All the best then!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 am

Welcome from Switzerland to you in the US or Oz, Danny.

Not sure what happened as you erased your comments but its standard operating procedure here to to be friendly, supportive, helpful and kind and use humour in posts. Pierre is one of the best and kindest people you will ever meet with a great sense of humour. Not everyone here is a native English speaker so you always have to err on the side of good intention. This is not only a fabulous learning site, its the best online community you could wish for.

Pierre, you been throwing rocks at the newbees again?! Go to your room! :laugh:

dennisg

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:04 am

Danny,

Welcome from Seattle. As you can see from people's posts, we have a lot of international subscribers here on the site who have no idea how to interpret American postal codes, so they don't know that WA stands for Washington state.

I can't imagine why you took offense to Pierre's post. We've all known him for years, and a sweeter guy you'll never meet. He was just welcoming you to the site with a little humor.

I also find that your posts have disappeared for some reason.

coomba

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Puyallup WA ?

Dennis you made me do some home work.

In Western Australia it is very common to end a Towns name with the letters UP in fact there are literally dozens of them.
For eg Badgebup, Cookenup,Coolup, Dalyup,Dardanup and so on.
I believe that they all originated from Australian Aboriginal language or an interpretation of it. Something to do with water I think?

So it seems that a few of us Australian just assumed That Puyallup WA was in Oz.

Thanks for pointing out our error. :blush:

you never know what you can learn here at TG.

So to Danny from Puyallup Washington State I say welcome from Oz correctly this time

Cheers
Scott

dennisg

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm

coomba wrote:
Puyallup WA ?

Dennis you made me do some home work.

In Western Australia it is very common to end a Towns name with the letters UP in fact there are literally dozens of them.
For eg Badgebup, Cookenup,Coolup, Dalyup,Dardanup and so on.
I believe that they all originated from Australian Aboriginal language or an interpretation of it. Something to do with water I think?

So it seems that a few of us Australian just assumed That Puyallup WA was in Oz.

Thanks for pointing out our error. :blush:

you never know what you can learn here at TG.

So to Danny from Puyallup Washington State I say welcome from Oz correctly this time

Cheers
Scott
Hey Scott,

I had no idea that UP was a common Aussie town suffix. Maybe our Native Americans (what we used to call indians) were at some point geographically connected to your aboriginals. You never know. For anyone who cares, Puyallup is actually pronounced slightly differently than it's spelled: pyoo-AL-lup.

auntlynnie

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Danny and welcome from Virginia!
I could not read your posts (they show up as blanks with my browser),
but I just wanted to say hello and that I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.
There are a lot of very supportive, encouraging people here.
Cheers,
Lynn

willem

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:20 am

welcome Danny,,

Willem from NL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic