Newbie From Puyallup, WA

sandiegoson

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 pm

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Oh, I was wondering about that lost paragraph ... you have to be careful about those in the forum.

It really went by fast, like "whoosh" ! All I could say was, "What a long paragraph !".

But seriously Danny, I guess you are looking for guitar lessons ? What are your interests ?

Pierre

sandiegoson

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:40 pm

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 pm

sandiegoson wrote:
cosmicmechanic wrote:
Oh, I was wondering about that lost paragraph ... you have to be careful about those in the forum.

It really went by fast, like "whoosh" ! All I could say was, "What a long paragraph !".

But seriously Danny, I guess you are looking for guitar lessons ? What are your interests ?

Pierre
Pierre, I'm not looking for wise guy comments.
What a way to welcome a newbie.
Unlike the other forums I belong to.
Guess I don't belong here.
Danny
I wonder why you feel offended ?
The main thing is that you are probably looking for guitar lessons and it takes some hints to know what can help you.
Are you a beginner or more advanced, stuff like that. My intention was to help, otherwise I wouldn't have answered.

Anyway, if you don't like the comment one person (me) made, why should you slam the door ?

Pierre

sandiegoson

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 pm

michelew

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Danny,

A big HI from Sydney. Welcome to the forum.

There's no 'start here' page. Generally new members or people who are posting on the forum for the first time tell us a little about themselves in these intros. It's a great way for us to help you now or later when you've got specific questions. It's also really interesting for us and allows us to get to know you a little.

It's always nice to know how long you've been playing for, the sorts of music you love to play and favourite artists and perhaps how you found your way to TG (are you looking for something specific).

In terms of where to start, if you go to the main forum option under forum you'll get a contents page of sorts. If you're a beginner then there is a specific packs of lessons designed for the beginner. If you're after fingerpicking stuff, there's a package to get you started and a bunch of specific lessons. So really it depends what you're looking for.

When you get to know us a bit better, you'll find that this forum IS different from others. It's incredibly supportive, motivating and interesting. You'll also find that Pierre is a very funny and quirky guy and was actually trying to help you by asking what you're looking for. No one in this forum will ever say "you suck" to anything you or anyone else puts up (videos or text posts) and will try to help you out if you want help and can be specific.

So a big hi and why don't you tell us a little more about yourself. :)

WA is that Western Australia? I'll go look up your town.

See you around.

Michele

Edit. - there seems to be a Puyallup, WA in USA, there's one in Oz too.

TGNeil

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi Danny,

I just ran across this thread and sorry to see it got off on the wrong foot. I'm not sure how the Preview function could lose the text. We'll get Support on that tomorrow. In any case, welcome to TG and I'm sure the folks around here will steer you in the right direction. I see Michele has already come in with the type of response that is pretty common around here.

Neil

TGMatt

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Danny. Welcome mate.

I am the founder of Totally Guitars with Neil and is so happens I am in WA right now mate, in Fremantle to be precise as of this moment after spending a week in Margaret RIver.

The weather is hot but sublime !.

Welcome to TG and I think if you give it five minutes you will find the community is by and large incredibly welcoming and helpful, sometimes messages get lost in translation due to the multinationality of it all, but I know everyone means well, we have no time for folks here who make it hard for others.

Since Neil has already jumped in here and a couple of others on what to look for I wont add much more, but if you fancy a beer whilst I'm in WA send me a provate message and we will connect before I go back to LA LA land.

Thanks for showing up and I hope you can find a lot of help here for your guitar goals.

Cheers

Matt

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Danny. Welcome mate ...
Yeah, what the man said. See ya ?

Pierre.

coomba

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:13 am

Hi Danny
From the Mid North Coast ,NSW
For some reason I cant see what you have posted (must be some kind of glitch) Anyway I'll assume your in OZ.
Mate all is good here, don't let a little misunderstanding put you off it happens here from time to time but trust me no one here would deliberately try to offend you,
So jump in and have some fun ,there is no better place on the web to learn guitar.
Enjoy
Cheers
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic