I've entered into a new world

sbutler

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:24 pm

So now that I'm about to move out of my house and live like a gypsy in a travel trailer for a while, I bought an IPad tablet for my lessons. I was wondering if anyone has downloaded guitar pro on a tablet? And if there are any issues? . I currently have Gp6 on my PC, would the GP folks let my swap it over?.

This is my first ever experience with an apple product and am not sure what to expect. Any help would be handy.

Scott

Music Junkie

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:02 am

Scott:

I have GP6 on both PC and the Ipad. I just import songs from my PC most of the time, but I have worked up a few TABS on the Ipad itself. Not as user friendly, but it works.

J

michelew

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:20 am

It's really easy to use and good on an iPad in my experience.

The best way to get the files onto your iPad is to import them directly from TG and then save them into GPro when you're given the option (a button will appear if you tap on the right corner of the file.

You can use iTunes too or also mail them to yourself than then save as into GPro.

I haven't had any problems using it for files that I'm learning from. I rarely write with it.

Enjoy the portability.

M

sbutler

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks guys. I have GP 6 on a PCM now. Could I export from the windows based PC to the IPad?

michelew

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 am

Sorry Scot. I'm a Mac-woman all the way. My PC knowledge is pitiful. I can give you good references who'll confirm that. ;)

TGNesh

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:22 am

Yeah GP works just fine on my iPad. I indeed often just send a file through mail and open/save it on the iPad.

Working with GP on it......hmmmm.....indeed, not very userfriendly, I tried the other day, didn't get very far. Or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough... :S

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:54 am

Hi Scott, if your trails and travels are anywhere as near interesting as you're life in Alaska has been for me (living vicariously in Alaska through your posts and photos), I sure am looking forward to your posts! I think we need a song and a video from every stop along the way! I am missing Alaska already!

I started with PC many moon ago but moved to Mac and spent 10 very happy years together with Mac before migrating back to PC (to reduce cost) when PCs became almost as good as Macs. May you have a wonderful relationship!

Hydroman52

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:23 am

Scott,

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I recall you saying that you are moving to the mid-west lower 48? If you find yourself heading towards the central Wisconsin area, let me know. It would be good to meet you and play guitar. Our rehearsal is usually Wednesday evening, and we welcome guest stars. We are somewhat flexible and sometimes move the day for special occasions.

Now I return you to your regular post.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic