Jim Croce / New York's Not My Home

familyman4

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:14 am

Neil has been showing us a lot of Jim Croce lately so I thought I would throw a quick video together to share.

Thanks for watching.....
Bart

TGNeil

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:22 am

Hi Bart,

You are hitting below the belt here as I love just about everything Jim wrote, and even I Got A Name, which he may as well have. This falls into a category with Box #10, These Dreams, Thursday, and a bunch of others that I can probably not get to for a long while due to the incredible amount of bases I want to cover. Thanks for bringing it up, and onto the radar of some who are not familiar with the entire body of his work, and hopefully I will get further into Jim's catalog soon.

Of course, there is the James Taylor problem on the horizon as well...

Neil

Craig

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:25 am

Bart,

Just wonderful all the way around! I'm a HUGE Jim Croce fan so all the stuff Neil has been putting out plus your effort here is just great! Your hammer-on slide section of the song is very well done. Your vocals are outstanding. I really enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:50 am

Yeah, an outstanding job Bart, very enjoyable you have such a pleasant voice and nice vibe. The whole thing sounded really good.

willem

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:11 am

Now I wish I could do a Jim Croce tune for getting the vibe going,,that was nice Bart..thx

I think I missed JC in my younger years and got introduced to him by a friend(time in a bottle) of mine a few years back,,from that moment i was sold..

Willem

daryl

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:18 am

Very very nice. Lovely all around. Love to see more Croce from you.

dekotaj

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:38 am

BRAVO!!!!! Bart

Loved it! What a great song by a great song writer.

Hey and Neil was the first to post. Man you got it going on. Keep them coming. Sad to here Neil will not be getting to ALL the Jim Croce catalog. I would love to learn them all. Now if I could just sing them as well as you do. Thanks for posting, PLEASE keep them coming!!!!

Kev

Hey Neil just Kidding about not doing all his songs. But box #10 and Thursday or two I don't no. Both would make great lessons. And don't forget AGES for Jason.

dekotaj

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:40 am

willem wrote:
Now I wish I could do a Jim Croce tune for getting the vibe going,,that was nice Bart..thx

I think I missed JC in my younger years and got introduced to him by a friend(time in a bottle) of mine a few years back,,from that moment i was sold..

Willem

YES SIR WILLEM!!!!

Thats a great song.

Kev

buddy

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am

Howdy Bart, Very nice rendition of this great Croce tune. Really enjoyed your playing and singing in this clip. Nice finger style work as well on that lovely guitar as well.

Bud

sbutler

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Bart, thanks for the great song. What a wonderful memory that brought back. Veery well done.
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic