Not Free !!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:18 am

I will say I didn't like the 'pay this smaller amount now' high pressure sales trick before I had chance to come in and have a look around, that sort of thing is more likely to put me off...
The American way of doing things doesn't always tick all our (British) boxes Jeremy, that's for sure sometimes its a little too direct and seems pushy to us but once you acclimatize, its not irritating. I actually didn't even bother with the free offer, just signed right up fist chance I got after seeing Neil on YT. Its a global community here so we have some nice Ozzies you can tick off with some fine British mannerisms and even things out! :-) Just kidding... almost!

jimcjimc

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:37 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I will say I didn't like the 'pay this smaller amount now' high pressure sales trick before I had chance to come in and have a look around, that sort of thing is more likely to put me off...
The American way of doing things doesn't always tick all our (British) boxes Jeremy, that's for sure sometimes its a little too direct and seems pushy to us but once you acclimatize, its not irritating. I actually didn't even bother with the free offer, just signed right up fist chance I got after seeing Neil on YT. Its a global community here so we have some nice Ozzies you can tick off with some fine British mannerisms and even things out! :-) Just kidding... almost!
Is this the complaint box?

Speaking of sales tricks:

I recall a teaser lesson on "tubular Bells", when do we get the real lesson?

:laugh:

TGNeil

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 am

Tubular Bells will be along as soon as Mike does a solo guitar version...

Anon

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:52 am

TGNeil wrote:

Anon
And, as a singer, I'll only be interested if he rewrites the lyrics!

sbutler

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:31 pm

TGNeil wrote:

Anon
hey Anon, I think I've figured out that some times I think people request these difficult songs just to hear you play them in the lesson preview. :laugh: :laugh:

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 pm

TGNeil wrote:

Anon
Not quite solo but mostly guitar is the 1973 BBC version. Also @ Neverfoundthetime: Mundy Ellis and Vivian Stanshall did actually do vocals in the original.

Back to point of post... How often do we hear of this from new members? Does that not say something in itself? Its been awhile since I joined and didn't have the same difficulty; growing with the site its not difficult to find things. But maybe the site needs to be reviewed from an unbiased source to alleviate these kind of issues.

sbutler

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Chas, I get the impression that very thing is on going while we type. I've always felt there were things on this site that rarely got used. It really has lots-o-stuff.

So we will see what the mice in the basement have in mind for the new look.

Scott

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:10 pm

sbutler wrote:
Chas, I get the impression that very thing is on going while we type. I've always felt there were things on this site that rarely got used. It really has lots-o-stuff.

So we will see what the mice in the basement have in mind for the new look.

Scott
HI Scott, I'm aware of the 'mice in the basement' but is it independent review? Thats my query... I guess given there is so much on the site navigation is always going to be an issue Old saying 'You can please some of the people some of the time.... etc, etc, etc,

Now how the heck do I find my profile lol! (Jk team :laugh: )

jimcjimc

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Well, I am glad some of you got the joke :)

It is sad, but I figured I had to add the laugh emoticon or some folks might have taken me seriously.

Here is the teaser lesson by the way:

This is from 3 years ago. If I recall, Neil did a teaser lesson a day for about a month!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:27 pm

That must be a video from when Neil used to live with Nesh, Jim, you can tell by the background.... ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic