Not Free !!

nikpikin

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:31 am

Have just joined Totally Guitars. I joined because I was impressed that there would be some free lessons to get you going, and give an opportunity to see the tabs and score etc. and get a feel for how good the lessons are. Of course fully expecting to pay a fee eventually. The lessons are advertised as free, not partially free ! So very dissapointed so far. In the UK this wouild be considerd as illegal under the trade decription act. Very misleading. What a shame.

willem

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 am

nikpikin wrote:
Have just joined Totally Guitars. I joined because I was impressed that there would be some free lessons to get you going, and give an opportunity to see the tabs and score etc. and get a feel for how good the lessons are. Of course fully expecting to pay a fee eventually. The lessons are advertised as free, not partially free ! So very dissapointed so far. In the UK this wouild be considerd as illegal under the trade decription act. Very misleading. What a shame.

No not a shame and not misleading,,how did you find this site?? (the best there is on the net) I am here from 2009 when all was starting up,,was searching on the tube for some lesson and came a cross this,,it was a sort of preview (advertising) video,,,in all bussiness(cos it is ) you have to give something for free and there are a lot!!! of free lessons that gives you an impression of how the paid are,,the paid lessons are very detailed and its not only learning the song but every lesson has a sort of skill that will bring you furter and can use in other songs too,it improve your guitar playing very quick too,,,dissapointed eh,,,I wish I could give you as a present one lesson(a target lesson) and then i am sure you aint dissapointed anymore but hooked and never leave...

I am just a student and welcome you too the real world of learning the guitar

Willem from the Netherlands B)

TGNesh

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 am

I'm sorry to hear you're dissapointed and that it sounds misleading....I'm not sure what all the 'Free Lessons' look like, content wise (when I found TG, I immediately signed up, still here after almost three years). But I do know what TG and Target have to offer, which is beyond everything you'd hope for and which will keep you going and learning for a life time.

Why not try Target Lite, pick two songs and I'm sure you'll get what I mean.

Hope you'll enjoy the site anyway! :)

cheers from the Netherlands as well B)

Vanessa

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:07 am

nikpikin

There are many good free lessons all self contained and get you playing.

In the target program Neil takes many songs and explains them in a more refined manner.

When I joined I did something similar to you.
Then realised it was better value for money to join the Target program...... even if only for a month...... as I got access to everything.

I was hooked !

If you have paid and are unsatisfied, contact support and request that your subscription be changed to a Target Monthly payment.

You won't regret it.

TheresHopeYet

:)

TGNeil

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am

Greetings nikpikin and welcome to TG,

Over the years Totally Guitars has grown and expanded much faster than we anticipated. As a result, some everyday housekeeping managed to file certain things in hard-to-find closets. There are over 60 Complete Free Lessons available and just yesterday Matt and the team got to work on making them more easily accessible. Right now they can be found on the Master Menu listed under their respective band names, mixed in with all the other songs available in the Target Program. The entire Program currently consists of over 500 song lessons, as well as hundreds of other instructional/educational resources, i.e. Student Reviews, Fly On The Wall Lessons, etc.

We hope to have the entire list at the top of the Free Lessons menu soon and following is the current list, again all of which can be found under their band links. Of course you can also purchase individual lessons, many of which are available in artist/theme Packages, or consider the Target Lite Program. If you are unhappy with anything you purchase we offer money back guarantees as well.

I hope this helps,

Neil

Totally Guitars Complete Free Lessons

Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man Free Guitar Lesson
America A Horse With No Name Free Guitar Lesson
Beatles With A Little Help From My Friends Free Guitar Lesson
Beatles Birthday Free Guitar Lesson
Beatles I've Just Seen A Face Free Guitar Lesson
Beatles Let It Be Free Guitar Lesson
Beatles Octopus's Garden Free Guitar Lesson
Beatles Help Free Guitar Lesson
Beatles A Hard Day's Night Free Guitar Lesson
Bill Withers Ain't No Sunshine Free Guitar Lesson
Bob Dylan Lay Lady Lay Free Guitar Lesson
Bob Dylan Blowin' In The Wind Free Guitar Lesson
Buffalo Springfield For What It's Worth Free Guitar Lesson
Clash Should I Stay Or Should I Go Free Guitar Lesson
Counting Crows Mr. Jones Free Guitar Lesson
Creedence Clearwater Revival Down On The Corner Free Guitar Lesson
Creedence Clearwater Revival Lodi Free Guitar Lesson
Death Cab For Cutie I Will Follow You Into The Dark Free Guitar Lesson
Deep Purple Smoke On The Water Free Guitar Lesson
Doobie Brothers Black Water Free Guitar Lesson
Doobie Brothers China Grove Free Guitar Lesson
Doors Love Me Two Times Free Guitar Lesson
Eagles Peaceful Easy Feeling Free Guitar Lesson
Eagles Tequila Sunrise Free Guitar Lesson
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Lucky Man Free Guitar Lesson
Eric Clapton Bell Bottom Blues Free Guitar Lesson
Focus Hocus Pocus (Opening Riff) Free Guitar Lesson
Graham Nash Military Madness Free Guitar Lesson
Grateful Dead Friend Of The Devil Free Guitar Lesson
Green Day Boulevard Of Broken Dreams Free Guitar Lesson
Green Day Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) Free Guitar Lesson
Guess Who American Woman Free Guitar Lesson
Holiday Sing Alongs Silver Bells Free Guitar Lesson
Hunters and Collectors Throw Your Arms Around Me Free Guitar Lesson
Indigo Girls Closer To Fine Free Guitar Lesson
Jack Johnson A Pirate Looks At 40 Free Guitar Lesson
James Taylor Sweet Baby James Free Guitar Lesson
Jim Croce Time In A Bottle Free Guitar Lesson
Jim Croce I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song Free Guitar Lesson
Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville Free Guitar Lesson
John Denver Take Me Home, Country Roads Free Guitar Lesson
Kinks Waterloo Sunset Free Guitar Lesson
Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird Free Guitar Lesson
Men At Work Overkill Free Guitar Lesson
Neil Young Helpless Free Guitar Lesson
Neil Young Ohio Free Guitar Lesson
Neil Young Rockin' In The Free World Free Guitar Lesson
Neil Young Southern Man Free Guitar Lesson
Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit Free Guitar Lesson
Paul Simon Kodachrome Free Guitar Lesson
Peter, Paul & Mary Puff The Magic Dragon Free Guitar Lesson
Plain White T's Hey There Delilah Free Guitar Lesson
Police Message In A Bottle Free Guitar Lesson
Police Roxanne Free Guitar Lesson
Raffi Baby Beluga Free Guitar Lesson
Rev. Gary Davis Cocaine Blues Free Guitar Lesson
Simon and Garfunkel 59th Street Bridge Song Free Guitar Lesson
Simon and Garfunkel Mrs. Robinson Free Guitar Lesson
Simon and Garfunkel Scarborough Fair Free Guitar Lesson
Traffic Feelin' Alright Free Guitar Lesson
Turtles Happy Together Free Guitar Lesson
Zac Brown Band Chicken Fried Free Campfire Guitar lesson
Zombies She's Not There Free Guitar Lesson

AcousticAl

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Sure looks likes lot of 'FREE' to me.

Feel free to post again to let us know how you made out and if you have questions..
And to let others know that this site is legit.
(which it is)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:33 pm

I was locked outside the gates for a few weeks by a gap in my TARGET membership so logging in I had the non-Target member experience and it was hard to find the complete free lessons. I could find partial lessons but was never sure where all the free ones were so I understand where Nikpikin is coming from. Great to see that complete list from Neil and to hear the boys in the back room are up-dating and cleaning up. This site has exploded with content in the past 4 year since I have been a member (4th anniversary coming up Thursday) it really offers an incredible amount of first class material... and a fabulous community to boot, so good move nikpikin, so far it has cost you nowt and now you have the complete overview of the free stuff... join the party and have some fun!

jimi40

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:22 pm

This really is the best guitar site on the web. Pick a song that you really want to learn and purchase it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

BigBear

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 am

Maybe it's just me and I'm a foul mood tonight but it strikes me as odd that someone would come to a guitar site for free and then complain that there isn't enough free stuff? Do you really think the free stuff pays the cost of this website? I don't.

I had no idea this site had as many free lessons as Neil pointed out. That should be sufficient to point out what this amazing guitar resource provides. But it isn't all for free. In New York I think they call that "chutzpah". Enough said.

willem

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:42 am

nikpikin wrote:
Well, I've just joined too (and also from the UK incidentally), and whilst I would agree the website design isn't brilliant (well, that's an understatement), and I had some issues and questions, I used the support help system to raise my questions, rather than coming on here to moan publically about my concerns as you have done, where I got an excellent response (thanks, Jameela) and I did find the free lessons fine so I'm not sure what your problem is, unless you're just trolling.

I will say I didn't like the 'pay this smaller amount now' high pressure sales trick before I had chance to come in and have a look around, that sort of thing is more likely to put me off, and so I had to do my own thing in order to go back and get that offer when I decided I was happy to pay $20 a month to see how it goes. I think it would be better to send an e-mail to people who have signed up for free first but not then joined target with this lower price offer, but that's my opinion.

I decided to go for it as I was delighted that one of the tracks (blackbirds) that I am currently learning was on the free list and I learnt something from it straight away.

My guitar teacher has since told me (when I said I'd signed up here) that Neil is one of the three good guys he'd recommend.

So far, I'm very happy and only bothering to post this to counter the original poster's position, which I disagree with.

Jeremy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic