Cinderella / Father Daughter Dance

familyman4

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you all for the very kind words!

Vanessa - Goosebumps, speechless, Wow. These words coming from a person that inspires me with every video and lesson that you put onto the TG site. I cannot thank you enough for your support! Yes I am a very proud father!!! :)

Daryl - Much appreciated. As far as the production, I still have a long way to go to get to your level but I can certainly see why you enjoy it so much. It's almost addictive...

Chris - Thank you sir! Yes, the entire day was magic and as it came to and end, it felt like only a moment in time. I am so glad that we have a lot of pictures and video taped the wedding. After all of the planning and effort to make it a special day for the newlyweds, the whole day was a blur and seemed to be over in the blink of an eye.

Willem - As always Willem, Thank you for the kind words! I can always count on you for support and to keep pushing me to play better everyday.

Dermot - Thank you! Yes, it took quite a bit of time to put it all together. But it was certainly worth it and I learned a lot from the process. I will say though, the very first time I heard this song, I knew then that it would make a perfect wedding song for my daughter if she asked me to perform.

Bob - Thank you for the compliments and yes, I feel like the luckiest man in the world because of my family! I guess that might be easy to tell since my nickname on this site is "Familyman4".

Jason - Thanks and I will let Lisa know you liked her piano playing as well. Speaking of wiping a tear from your eye, I must admit that when learning the song, it was very hard to get through all of the words the first million times I played it. As you said, it is a very emotional song. P.S. I love the Taylor KOA!!! It is really hard to put it down now because it is perfectly set up and plays like a dream.

Tom - Yes it was a labor of love but as you know, we dads will do almost anything for our baby girls :) Thank you for the kind words!

Buddy - I am glad you enjoyed the video and yes, we all need to give a few extra hugs while we can because when "The Clock Strikes Midnight,,, She'll Be Gone". In my case, she will be off to Spain for the next 3 years... But what a life experiance it will be for them :)

lueders

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:30 am

GEEEEZ.... :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sorry I'm late for this one...AMAZING JOB!!! :) :) :)

What others have said...everything is just perfect. :) :) :) Once again you've given me quite a list of things to be jealous of: that smooth crystal clear voice of yours, your playing, your wife's playing(indeed)that beautiful guitar, (love the finish) and now I can add video editing to the list as well...it would seem.

That was obviously heartfelt and probably hard to just get through the tune for that very reason. So yeah I have to give you both high marks for degree of difficulty. also. But I'm sure everyone else would too..even the East German judge. :)

Thanks for sharing this with us...clearly you're q special dad. Best of luck to the newlyweds.

Ccri

michelew

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 am

Bart,

I enjoyed everything about this video, its Heart-warming. You've done such a beautiful job, who wouldn't love it. Your daughter is a lucky woman to have such a sweet and talented father and mum.

M

familyman4

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Cori - You're really not late, I only posted the video yesterday... Thanks so much for the positive feedback! The East German judge took it easy on me this time but warned that my next video would need to be even harder or she would take away points for difficulty :) Seriously, I appreciate your positive remarks!

Michele - Thank you too for your kind words! I am glad the song warmed your heart and maybe helped you enjoy the day just a bit more. You are very much appreciated!

Bart

Craig

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:33 am

Bart,

As everyone else has stated, just wonderful! What a great job playing and singing in itself... adding the sentiment involved just takes it to a whole new level. Wow, wow, and wow!

Congratulations to you on many different levels.

Craig

The all KOA sounds wonderful! ;)

Hydroman52

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Bart,

This is one of the best wedding gifts I have ever seen. Your wife and you are fine musicians. I can imagine there wasn't a dry eye in the house. What else can I say?

Hydroman52

cosmicmechanic

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Wow, Bart ...

familyman4 wrote:
... Speaking of wiping a tear from your eye, I must admit that when learning the song, it was very hard to get through all of the words the first million times I played it ...
... I kinda thought the sunglasses weren't because of the glare B).

When you played the song at the reception, I bet some of the men in attendance would rather have fumbled around for their shades instead of hankies ... but a hankie is fine with me.

Comes a time when your not-so-very-young daughter still excitedly runs to greet you and jumps into your arms, and it's like a deer hitting you ... and you suddenly realize how much she has grown, and that this might be the last time this occurs. Next time, maybe it'll just be "Hi, Dad".

Thanks a whole lot for sharing this WONDERFUL family project :)

Pierre

wiley

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Bart that was just amazing, fantastic job! I'd never heard the song before and instantly loved it so much I need to learn it now for someone special in my life. I also researched Steve Curtis Chapman as also don't know him; the song Cinderella started out for the most beautiful reasons in Stevens life then took on another meaning after a traumatic event. As such this is a song that can be sung on many occasions, as I'm sure it is.

But what a fantastic gift for your Daughter, a proud Dad and Mum together in a beautiful production; I'm guessing she will cherish this video as much as the day itself.

Bravo my friend, well done.

auntlynnie

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 am

Wow, oh wow!
That was fantastic!
I second what everyone else said.
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic