Cinderella / Father Daughter Dance

familyman4

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello folks,

Well my daughters wedding was August 17th, 2013 and now the happy couple will be moving to Spain for the next 3 years. I promised to share this video so here it is, along with some explanation...

She had asked me to play and sing in her wedding. Not wanting to completely refuse her request, we negotiated a recorded song for the father daughter dance during the reception. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was fantastic and I absolutely think the world of my new son-in-law. The day went without a hitch :)

So here are a few more details that might be of interest:

Song: Cinderella
Written by: Steven Curtis Chapman
Actually recorded this in my friends studio. We used a piano track at first, then I added the guitar, then my vocals, then the video, then we went back in and added parts of piano from my wife playing the song. (She wants to make sure people don't think that she played the entire song. Although she sure worked hard on the music) We had a blast working on the song together!

The video was recorded at Watson Lake in Prescott Arizona. This was my 1st attempt of recording and inserting picture in a picture video.

The guitar is a present from my wife for our 30th anniversary only a few weeks before recording and shooting the video. All KOA Taylor. She has great tastes! Maybe I helped her pick it out :)

My daughter loved this song and video, I hope you might enjoy it to...

Bart

TGNesh

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Oh my........GOOSEBUMPS....!!! (and it ain't cold over here!! :ohmy: )

Bart....gosh :ohmy: .....that was just beautiful, lovely, charming, touching, heartwarming, tearjerking (that 1997-picture absolutely did it to me!), uh......I'm sure there are more adjectives that I'd like to add.......that was just....no words to describe that....

You must be súch a proud dad! :silly: You and your wife did SUCH a fantastic job on this one! And I just LOVE your vocals, you have such a warm and tender voice, fits the song just perfect!

What can I say, I just LOVED it all!!!! :cheer:

Thanks so much for sharing Bart, what a priceless video of such a special occasion, just..... AWESOME! (for the lack of a better word, I'm a bit speechless here....)

Oh and.....uh....nice guitar!!! :P ;)

Ness

daryl

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:22 pm

tgvanessa wrote:
Oh my........GOOSEBUMPS....!!! (and it ain't cold over here!! :ohmy: )

Bart....gosh :ohmy: .....that was just beautiful, lovely, charming, touching, heartwarming, tearjerking (that 1997-picture absolutely did it to me!), uh......I'm sure there are more adjectives that I'd like to add.......that was just....no words to describe that....

You must be súch a proud dad! :silly: You and your wife did SUCH a fantastic job on this one! And I just LOVE your vocals, you have such a warm and tender voice, fits the song just perfect!

What can I say, I just LOVED it all!!!! :cheer:

Thanks so much for sharing Bart, what a priceless video of such a special occasion, just..... AWESOME! (for the lack of a better word, I'm a bit speechless here....)

Oh and.....uh....nice guitar!!! :P ;)

Ness
What Vanessa said!

WOW Bart. Very impressive all around. Great playing and singing. Beautiful piano work. And the video editing? PERFECT! I couldn't have done any better. What a fantastic gift for your daughter and son-in-law. Thanks for sharing it with us!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Absolutely fabulous Bart! What a great job on the vocals and the whole thing is just what your daughter could wish for with her mum and dad playing the whole thing. Nicely filmed too! A magic moment in your lives, thanks for adding some joy to the world.

Chris

willem

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Man Bart,,that was fantastic,,

Add to my few words all the lovely words from the ohter posters above!!!

congatulations for the wedding,

Fantastic and be proud you both,,

Willem

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Brilliant Bart

Loved the music and video, very emotional.
You must have taken ages putting that together.

Dermot

:)

BobR

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Bart,

That was just so beautiful. I loved the whole production. You are one talented guy with a lovely family.

Thanks for sharing your day

Bob

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Bart:

That was flat out superb. I am currently wiping a tear from my eye.... ;) As is usual with your videos, the playing was solid and right on. Your vocals were made for that song, and you really nailed the emotion, which I imagine was pretty easy considering the circumstances. Like the others have mentioned, the production was amazing. I can't imagine how much time you have invested in this piece of art. Thank you VERY much for sharing this heart felt song with us. Your wife plays very good as well.

As a side note, the new Taylor was awesome. Koa has such beautiful grain. That beauty will only sound better and better as it opens up. You better thank her over and over for that gift... :laugh:

Jason

tombo1230

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:14 pm

I can see that was a labour of love for you and your family Bart.
Great collaboration, great story telling. You all did a fine job and should be proud of yourselves.
I also loved your singing, you have a very nice singing voice.

A lot of work to produce this, so well done, first class! :)

Tom N.

buddy

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Bart, This is such a heart warming experience. Every Dad should watch this video because it shows us how Dads shold express love to their daughters.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic