Hi from Perth WA

stancraigie31500

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:07 am

Hi everyone, chuffed to be here. I found the site via Youtube. Really impressed with Neil's approach, the way he analyses and gives the background to everything. Love his arrangements too.

About me: an ex-pat Brit in Western Australia. Started playing around about when I was 16. In my first band in 63. Since then have had a varied career in music. Solo in folk clubs, duos in pubs in the Uk and here in Perth, a couple of other bands and a trio.

I've always been kinda lazy on the guitar though, mainly learning enough to get by and sing to. I did throw in riffs and fills and even played some electric instrumentals but always felt that I never really learned the guitar even though I really wanted to. Although I did become pretty proficient at finger picking, been playing Blackbird for a long time. Surprisingly almost identical to Neil's version. That was quite gratifying.

Played my last live gig in 89 and haven't really touched the guitar a lot since then. Now I have the time I'm going to make a concerted effort to become more proficient, entertaining and educated with my playing.

This looks like the place to do it.

Music likes and favourite players: Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Eagles, America, James taylor, Beatles, Gordon Lightfoot, Tom Paxton, Simon and Garfunkel, John Denver, Shadows... It would probably be easier to list what I don't like of which there isn't much. Not a big fan of heavy metal.

Looking forward to being part of it all.

willem

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:23 am

Welcome from the Netherlands,,don't be a stranger on the forum,that cost time but it can be very useful for you and us and you get more fun out of everything..

Willem

BobR

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 am

Welcome from Massachusetts. Nice introduction. You should find everything that you want here and have lots of fun too.
Bob

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Welcome from Southern California. With your background, and your musical tastes, you will be right at home here. We really are very lucky at TG. Wonderful community and two spectacular teachers. Glad you found your way here! :)

Cheers!

Jason

benfield113

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:15 pm

I'll just add my welcome from storm-swept England. You've found a great place and a wonderful community to play guitar with.

Hope to see many more postings from you.

Andy

auntlynnie

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Welcome from Virginia!
This is a really good place for guitar players of all abilities.
And it is a very nice community, too.
Lynn

stancraigie31500

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm

Thank you all for such warm welcomes. You've given me the warm fuzzies B)

Looking forward to getting involved

Cheers

Stan

TGNesh

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Welcome from the Netherlands as well Stan! Great to hear some more about you and hope to see some of your playing, so don't hesitate uploading videos as many of us do here and there! :)

Have fun and all the best!

Vanessa

familyman4

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Welcome to TG StanCraigie,

You have certainly found the best place to learn more details about the guitar. It sounds like you have found your way around the instrument well enough to make some beautiful music already. Sometimes it is the little things that will set your playing apart from others and make it even more special for you to perform!

I googled your home town in Austrailia and it looks like a beautiful place to cvall home.

Welcome from Arizona, USA....

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Greetings from Switzerland Stan.... nice intro, nice taste in music, looks like you have found a home!
Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic