Hi My name is Tino

tino30981

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello, I am a long term guitarist. I have a question, is it me or do Online guitar tabs suck? I hate to be rude, none of them reflect the songs just about. Any suggestions? B)

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm

tino30981 wrote:
Hello, I am a long term guitarist. I have a question, is it me or do Online guitar tabs suck? I hate to be rude, none of them reflect the songs just about. Any suggestions? B)
Hey Tino:

Welcome and Happy Holidays to you. MANY online TABS do suck. I find that there are a few decent ones, and those that are not so good, can be a decent start in tabbing a song out for myself. As a long time member here at Totally Guitars, I can attest to the quality of the Tabs and charts we enjoy here. If the TAB is not accurate to a certain version of a song, Neil will usually call that out. In his lessons, he will point out what version he is attempting to cover. If you listen to that version, you will find his TAB to be pretty great. If it is an "arrangement" then that is another story altogether. As you know, arrangements attempt to capture the overall feel of a song, and are not put out specifically for an accurate guitar piece.

If there are any particular TABs you are looking for, it never hurts to ask. Someone might be able to point you in the proper direction. If it does not exist yet, perhaps you can get it started and ask for assistance in working up a good one... B)

Jason

TGNesh

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi Tino and welcome to TG!

TG is not a song/tab-site. It's philosophy is to make you a better guitarplayer (technique's to learn can be found in any song in the Target Program), yes even the advanced guitarplayers. I've been playing the guitar for a long time and I still learn loads and loads from Neil.

Also, don't forget, often artists play their own songs as random as can be, especially if they've been playing it a lot during the years, so personally I don't really believe in 'accuracy', you used the word 'reflect', I like that one! ;)

However, any suggestions, well I'd say no better site to go for than Totally Guitars, I know no better teacher than Neil! :)

cheers

Vanessa

(As for online guitar tabs.......well I often spend more time in correcting them than that they're actually helping me.... :S )

thereshopeyet

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Tino

Hello...... I hope you come to appreciate TG as I have, it's rich with quality lessons !

Vanessa Wrote:
As for online guitar tabs.......well I often spend more time in correcting them than that they're actually helping me....
Ah Vanessa, your busy helping us too :dry: :ohmy:
Your more accurate than not..... now me...... I'm not accurate..... can't you hear the noise :blush: :S

I'm still a Decemberist ...... Down By The Water ....... still paddling ...... I wish it was sunny :S
I need to post a video of where I'm at for some help before it's Januaryists :ohmy:

Dermot

:S

TGNesh

Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:36 am

Can't wait for you upload Dermot! The clock is ticking, in less than a week it'll be january!!! :P No pressure! :whistle: :laugh:

thereshopeyet wrote:
Tino

Hello...... I hope you come to appreciate TG as I have, it's rich with quality lessons !

Vanessa Wrote:
As for online guitar tabs.......well I often spend more time in correcting them than that they're actually helping me....
Ah Vanessa, your busy helping us too :dry: :ohmy:
Your more accurate than not..... now me...... I'm not accurate..... can't you hear the noise :blush: :S

I'm still a Decemberist ...... Down By The Water ....... still paddling ...... I wish it was sunny :S
I need to post a video of where I'm at for some help before it's Januaryists :ohmy:

Dermot

:S

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:22 pm

No Pressure taken Vanessa.....by my calculator.... in 12 and a bit months it'll be December :huh: !!!

:S :blush: :S

:laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic