change username and password

tgjameela

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Just joined and I want to know about how to change my username and password. They got assigned to me and are not at all easy to remember. Any suggestions on how to do this. So far I'm finding this site very complicated.

TGNesh

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi there and welcome to TG!

Not sure how and what....I think I've tried to do that once before as well (I had chosen my username myself though), with no luck, you might wanna check support.

Hope you do find your way around here and will enjoy the lessons.

cheers!

Vanessa

daryl

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:50 pm

What you don't think "shammond5648108" is great username?

I used to be called "ffsooo3". But after a year or so here, I felt comfortable enough to "bare my soul" (or is it "bear my sole"?).

Anyway, the only way I know to accomplish what you are asking, is to simply reregister with a new username and password and abandon your original TG account. The only caveat is that you have to have a different email address for your new account. I got around that problem by creating a new gmail account for myself and then setup mail forwarding from my new gmail account to my hotmail account. My hotmail account is the email account I use for everything. I never directly use my gmail account. Hope this helps.

And welcome. TG is a great place to be.

Daryl

tgjameela

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi Shammond5648108,

Thanks for your comment and welcome to Totally Guitars!

At this time we do not have a feature to update the username, but you can update your password anytime from the "Billing" page which is currently located under the "Support" tab on the top menu bar.

I would be happy to update the username for you on the account as this can be done manually from the back-end. If you could please submit a support ticket using the "Helpdesk" under the "Support" tab we can sort out the details there, I will need some account details and would not want you to post them here.

Hope that helps and I will keep an eye out for your ticket.

Thanks!
Jameela

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:06 pm

I was originally called 'Accoustical' when I signed up in a hurry way back when! I asked support to change my user name so people didn't think I was a moron by spelling acoustic WRONG!

now they think I'm a moron for other reasons but at least my user name is spelled correctly thanks to the support team!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:35 am

Looks like you have the better user name now Shamman!

Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic