Eagles - Desperado Chord Solo?

familyman4

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Hello TGer's,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me find Neil's version of Desperado, as a chord solo??? I might be crazy but I am very sure he posted a lesson on playing the song as a chord solo, last year sometime. However, it isn't listed in the lesson section and all of my efforts to find it are drawing a blank.

Thank in advance!!!

Bart

AndyT

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:51 am

He might have played it in the news.

AndyT

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:57 am

Just went and looked at the lesson.
I think this might be when Neil was playing the chord melody versions in the play-thru sections but not including it in the lesson because he wants us to create our own arrangements of the songs. Only after heavy requesting from a large amount of folks did he start to include the chord melody versions in his lessons.

TGNesh

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:16 am

Personally I do remember Neil playing it, i think it was in the news indeed. I also recollect that he said that he wouldn't get into a chord-solo for it..........then again, with Neil, you never know..

Hi Bart, getting some playing in?? :)

Ness

willem

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:26 am

Totally guitars weekly wrap up november 30th 2012(youtube) he shows of... :laugh:

familyman4

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks for the responses gang!

Andy, I have reviewed the entire lesson but don't see any chord solo anywhere. I understand Neil's thinking of making one on our own. I'll work on it.

Ness - Nope. Except for making sure the guitars are hydrated properly and secure, I haven't picked one up for over 2 months until last night. That's been my mode of operation for years and years. I will play consistantly and then just stop. I think I am ready to get back to it now. Last night was fun and my fingers are getting soft so I better get to work.

Willem - I will check the news for his showing off :laugh: but I know there is a real lesson floating around somewhere. I remember Neil explaing how to keep the melody notes as the highest note in a chord solo and other specific details of him playing this song. I will keep looking through the site because there are dark corners that I haven't found yet :)

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic