Hi from Oregon, USA

ratzlaffsteve56692

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi, new to the webpage and forum. Am retired for some time now, and with a recent purchase of a decent acoustic steel string guitar, and hoping to learn to play it! Many years ago I tried nylon string classical guitar, so perhaps some of that will come back eventually, though I haven't played in a long, long time.
One question--I just purchased the "fingerpicking" streaming package. How do I access it? So far I've received nothing for notification other than the Paypal receipt.
Thanks,
Steve

BigBear

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi Steve! I'm a fellow Oregonian. I live in Tigard, where are you? You've come to a great place to learn the guitar. Regardless of your current skill level there's always something here to learn. I couldn't learn all I want to in two life times! I just turned 60 so I'll bet we aren't too far apart.

Stay active on the forum and very best wishes for enjoying this site as much as the rest of us do. Great people here plus our fearless leader Neil and his staff are wonderful too.

Cheers! :cheer:

TGNeil

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi Steve and welcome to TG! I think the access to individual lessons is under the Guitar Lessons menu, drop down to My Pay Per Lessons.

All the best,

Neil

TGNesh

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:57 am

Hi Steve and welcome to TG!

Hope Neil's respond did the trick for you and you're able to get into the lesson.

Wish you happy playing and never hesitate to jump in here for questions or comments you might have.

All the best,

Vanessa (from The Netherlands)

willem

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 am

Hi ,,this website is the best thing that happend to me for guitarlessons,,maybe purchasing a few lessons per month is the best way to not be distracked by hundreds of detailed lessons in the target program,,I've seen them all coming(4 a 5 lessons per week) in the years this site arose,but all these lessons have some great skills in them(all levels,strumming,fingerpickin and so on),Neil and Vanessa are great teachers and full of suprises..

The best way when you have problems with something is ask it on the the forum and the great community will help,,there is also the possibility to upload a video from your playing and get a review from the master..there is also a uploader called ''busking'' when you wanna perform to the community and they will support you with there honesty..

This year there is for the second time the IGC (guitarcamp) which you can attend and have a blast..

welcome.

Willem (Netherlands)

BobR

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:30 am

Hi Steve and welcome from the other coast. This is a great place to be as I'm sure you will find out.

Bob

(Massachusetts)

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 am

Hi Steve.

Welcome from a little farther down the coast in Ventura, CA. Watch out for Rick (BigBear).... :woohoo: Would be great if you guys were close enough to get together and jam. He could give you the low down on the IGC as well. That is coming up shortly, and it is fantastic.

Glad that you joined the site. I hope you stay active in the forums and get to know everyone.

Cheers

Jason

ratzlaffsteve56692

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments, especially Neil, and I have now accessed the purchased product. I had some trouble again today but that's been solved now so I think all is well now. BigBear, I live on the other side of the state from you, Northeast Oregon, in La Grande.
Steve

fjeanmur

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Steve,

Greetings from the east coast! Welcome to TG, the best acoustic guitar site there is. I think there are a lot of us here who had been away from playing for quite a few years. Yes, it all comes back, and what you didn't know before, you'll learn here. So enjoy!

Jean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic