Hello from Australia

dhweston24563

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi,
My name is Doug from Australia. I have recently joined the site and would just like to say hi to everyone.

Skill level?? Hmmm?? I am not a beginner that's for sure - but I don't classify myself as intermediate either - so maybe somewhere in between. I have been playing for many many years, but lack of practice has clearly had a negative effect on my playing.

Favourite players amongst many are John Fahey, Stefan Grossman, and all the great blues, folk and popular fingerpickers of the world.

Seeing that "Ragtime" seems to be popular on the site at the present I'd like to recommend to people the following song.

Guitarist - Michael Chapman - the song "Naked Ladies and Electric Ragtime". From the album Fully Qualified Survivor. Just an absolutely brilliant piece of playing and a classic by anyones standards. Skill level would be intermediate I guess.

I am very impressed by Neils playing, he seems to be able to play just about anything lolol.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers
Doug

Music Junkie

Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Doug:

Welcome to the site, and thanks for the great introduction. Your assumption that Neil can play anything is spot on... ;)

What part of Australia are you from? We have a few other members from the land down under, and they are great folks. Maybe you live close by to some others!

Cheers, and welcome aboard. I hope you dive into the forum and take advantage of the community and the abundance of knowledge here at the site.

Jason

TGNesh

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:10 am

Hi Doug and welcome to TG!

Thanks for sharing a bit of info and I just wanna wish you loads of learning and playing fun on the site! :)

Cheers,

Vanessa (from the Netherlands)

michelew

Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:29 am

Hi Doug. A big hello from Sydney.

You'll love it here. Before you know it you'll be trying to work out how to get more time so you can take advantage of everything.

Let us know how you go.

Michele

BobR

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi Doug,

Welcome to a great site you're sure to enjoy it .

Bob ( from Massachusetts)

tombo1230

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Welcome Doug, you will be moving on to intermediate level before you know it if you stick in here.

Good luck on your guitar journey and enjoy the site.

Tom N from Scotland. :)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:16 am

Welcome from Switzerland Doug! Y0u will be moving to new levels pretty fast as you follow the lessons. Enjoy!
CHris

fjeanmur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Hello Doug and welcome!

Glad you joined us and hope you get a lot out of TG. We all are impressed with Neil--he's amazing actually. And Vanessa is wonderful with many really great lessons too! So explore, enjoy and let us know how it's going.

Jean from US

rapsidy

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:27 am

Hello Doug

welcome from newcastle NSW :)

You learn much from this site and others, like Ragtime :unsure: i have no idea what that is but now you mention it I going to find out, the beauty of this site, others can spark interest in things/songs etc.. you wouldnt normally think of.

All the best on your on your journey to infinity and beyond :woohoo:

Brad

jimbo58

Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi Doug
Welcome to TG from a fellow Aussie, I think this is the best guitar site not only because of what you can learn here but also because of the great interaction with so many friendly people from all around the world who love guitars. Its great to have another Australian here, and because of our isolation due to our distance away from everybody we should organise an Aussie GT get together one day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic