Hello, I'm brand new here

TGNesh

Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:25 am

We were joking around Daryl, although it's not entirely untrue, not at all. Two lessons listed doesn't mean that there isn't more. One of them for example has 2 names, Angel of Harlem and Desire. Both songs are acoustically really straightforward so I decided to cover two songs in one lesson. And in the lesson I got carried away and touched on three more. (Still Haven't Found, All I Want Is You and Kite). So yeah, there is definitely more than two! :)

daryl wrote:
willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Aaaah how can you say that Willem? I touched on five different songs in the last U2-lesson! :laugh: And there is of course also 'Stuck in a moment you can't get out of'. :) And yes, there is one (well two, if I can control myself that is :blink: :P ) more in the pipeline.

willem wrote:
Thats true, :laugh: B) 6 it is,, maybe more by others,,, B)

Willem
That may be true, but only TWO are listed under U2 here: http://www.totallyguitars.com/onlinelessons

Has the list just not been updated yet?

auntlynnie

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:37 am

Hi Brian,
Hello from Washington, DC.
Glad you are here! You are right, there is so much here. Even if the song you mentioned isn't a lesson yet, there is still much to keep you busy. I, too, have played mostly without a teacher and have developed some undesirable habits, but there is a lot of help and suggestions in the lessons.
Hope you enjoy the site as much as many of us do.
Lynn (Auntlynnie)

daryl

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:42 am

I get it now. Sorry.

TGVanessa wrote:
We were joking around Daryl, although it's not entirely untrue, not at all. Two lessons listed doesn't mean that there isn't more. One of them for example has 2 names, Angel of Harlem and Desire. Both songs are acoustically really straightforward so I decided to cover two songs in one lesson. And in the lesson I got carried away and touched on three more. (Still Haven't Found, All I Want Is You and Kite). So yeah, there is definitely more than two! :)

daryl wrote:
willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Thats true, :laugh: B) 6 it is,, maybe more by others,,, B)

Willem
That may be true, but only TWO are listed under U2 here: http://www.totallyguitars.com/onlinelessons

Has the list just not been updated yet?

fjeanmur

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 am

Hey Brian,

Hello from the East Coast! Glad you joined us.

As you must have noticed, there are so many songs to choose from here, it's hard to decide what to look at/for. When I first started with TG, I took a one month Target membership to see how I liked it. I don't know if a one month is still available, but maybe the three month might be what you need before you take the plunge. It just takes some time to explore before you find your niche. Eventually, I started to gravitate toward my interests, but it's really cool to peek in at what others are working on--FOTW, busking and just Forum posts. Sometimes I get an idea from those that push me into another direction.

So look around and enjoy. With Neil and Vanessa, you'll be in good hands.

Jean

Music Junkie

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:05 am

Brian:

Welcome!

Glad you decided to join. As the others have already stated, there is no shortage of lessons here at TG.

Even if you are an intermediate player, you should take the time to check out the Acoustic Genius Series. Lots of great info in there.
http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... ius-series

Also, don't worry about asking too many questions, as the people at this site love to help out. It really is a wonderful community. ;)

Cheers!

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi and welcome Brian, sounds like you are similar to many of us here, just that we got here sooner.
This is guitar heaven for sure. Hope you have fun, hope you join TARGET as its the best move any of us ever made,
You can't change your nick name but you can re-enter with a new account (as far as I know).

Enjoy
Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic