Hello, I'm brand new here

beh35678260

Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Hello, my name is Brian and this is my first post here. I am interested in taking some of the lessons here and interacting with some of the
community. My first question is, does anyone know how to change the username? The one I have now seems a little awkward.

A little about me. I suppose I am an intermediate guitar player though I am completely self taught so I have all kinds of bad habits and timing issues. I learned to play just by slowly learning songs I like and now I've become pretty good at it - well, for Brian style guitar anyway.

I was trying to learn a figure picking version of "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes and then stumbled upon the first couple of line of a really cool looking fingerpick of "Sunday, Bloody Sunday," by this website so I thought I would join.

Does anyone know where I can find the rest of that lesson?

Okay, that's me thanks. I hope to meet some of you.

Best,

Brian

willem

Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Welcome,,

The site has only two U2 songs/lessons on this moment, not the one you say, well on this moment.

Do you have a youtube link of the one you mentioned?

Willem

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi Brian

I don't think U2's Sunday, Bloody Sunday has been made into a lesson yet.
The YouTube video I came across was only advertising that if enough people voted it would be made into a lesson.

To Vote you have to be a Target Member, Then vote "Recommend a Lesson".

Vanessa has made some other U2 song lessons recently as part of the Target Program.

Maybe consider becoming a Target Member and have access to more songs than you can imagine !
Even if it's not Sunday, Bloody Sunday .... your spoilt for choice.
It currently has 14 votes and I've place a vote for you.... totally 15 votes !
With U2 Lessons on the go recently maybe it'll jump to the top !

That said some lessons are made Free
Fingers Crossed !
Good Luck

Welcome To Totally Guitars

TheresHopeYet

:ohmy:

TGNesh

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi Brian, how great to meet you and welcome to TG!

As for the lesson you're talking about, i actually wouldn't know, maybe someone else will.

Your username....hmmm....you're not the only with an awkward one! :laugh: :S I do think you'd need to contact support for that.

In the mean time, wanna wish you loads of fun around here and of course happy playing! Never hesitate to ask questions, enough great folks who would wanna help out. Also, if you get the chance, upload a video. The feedback is always really positive, encouraging and will add to your guitarplaying.

Again, hope you'll enjoy the site as much as I do!

Vanessa (from The Netherlands)

Edit: You actually meant U2's 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'??? And yes, Dermot has a point, an overload of song choice in Target! :blink: :)

TGNesh

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:12 pm

Aaaah how can you say that Willem? I touched on five different songs in the last U2-lesson! :laugh: And there is of course also 'Stuck in a moment you can't get out of'. :) And yes, there is one (well two, if I can control myself that is :blink: :P ) more in the pipeline.

willem wrote:

The site has only two U2 songs/lessons on this moment, not the one you say, well on this moment.

Willem

willem

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:27 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Aaaah how can you say that Willem? I touched on five different songs in the last U2-lesson! :laugh: And there is of course also 'Stuck in a moment you can't get out of'. :) And yes, there is one (well two, if I can control myself that is :blink: :P ) more in the pipeline.

willem wrote:

Willem
Thats true, :laugh: B) 6 it is,, maybe more by others,,, B)

Willem

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Vanessa Wrote:[/b

]
And yes, Dermot has a point, an overload of song choice in Target!

Never an overload ;) :P

Love U2 !

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

daryl

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:59 pm

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

willem wrote:

Willem
Thats true, :laugh: B) 6 it is,, maybe more by others,,, B)

Willem
That may be true, but only TWO are listed under U2 here: http://www.totallyguitars.com/onlinelessons

Has the list just not been updated yet?

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Daryl Wrote:
That may be true, but only TWO are listed under U2 ......
Gosh there's always lots more room on TG for more lessons.........

beh35678260

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, everyone who replied. Nice to hear from you all. I'm still looking around the site so I'll wait a bit before flooding you with questions. There is so much here. I had seen Neil's vids on utube but they always seemed to be just the first few bars so I passed but I am glad to be here now.

Talk to you soon,

Peace and Love.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic