Hello From Scottsdale, Az!

summek01

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Ok, I've been tinkering around with a guitar for a few years, never really took it too serious never had the extra time. Well, now the kids are either in college or on their own so now I've got some time!

I gave my old Takamine 6 string to my nephew and went and bought a new Taylor 110e which is a little step up from the Tak.

I'm committing myself to 30 minutes a day at least so we'll see how I do! If I make enough progress perhaps I'll go in for personalized lessons.

I do have a question, where do you find the tablatures / chord sheets on this site?

Thanks! - Kelly

fjeanmur

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Welcome Kelly,

I hope you get a lot out of this site. Maybe as you begin to explore and see how good the things are here, you may find that you don't want private lessons. In many ways, being able to watch the video lessons as many times as you want is much more effective than having a teacher available only once a week. But that's a whole other subject.

The tabs and the Guitar Pro files are under the video windows, down and to the left a bit As a Target member you have access to everything. Print out what you want or just look at it from your iPad, etc.

Good look and be sure to take advantage of whatever interests you.

Jean

TGNesh

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:47 am

Hi Kelly and welcome to TG!

I see your question has already been answered, so I hope you've found them already.

Also spending 30 minutes a day on the guitar would be really great. You could also break it up, 2 times 15 minutes for example, whatever works for you. Personally I'm a fan of short and often.

Please make sure you also take a look at the beginners course, you absolutely want to practice with right technique and such. I can assure you, once you get used to wrong habits (in particular finger placement and hand positioning for both hands), it's VERY hard to correct them, so please make sure you got that right.

Anyway, enjoy your guitar journey! Feel free to drop in here for any question or comment you might have.

Cheers!

Vanessa (from The Netherlands)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 am

Hope you have fun Kelly.... yjust leave your guitar on its stand in your living room and you'll be tempted to pick it up several times a day as you have time... that's a great way to get more playing into your day.

Chris in Swiss

michelew

Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:38 am

Hi Kelly,

A big HI from Sydney.

You're in great hands. With all the lessons Neil and Vanessa have prepared for us, you'll find you're completely spoiled for choice, just like the rest of us. You'll also find that you want to spend more and more time tackling them.

Enjoy the ride. You're in for a treat. :)

Make sure you keep dropping into the forum and letting us know how you're going. Don't be afraid to ask anything. In addition to our wonderful teachers, the forum is full of helpful, fun people with lots of experience.

See you around.

Michele

BobR

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:25 am

Hi Kelly,

Welcome from the east coast (Massachusetts). As you can see there is plenty here and lots of support.

Enjoy

Bob

heithoff

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:02 pm

A beginner to intermediate player wanting to get better and finding (becoming a member of this site) is very much like the kid in the candy store. You will be full of cavities or should I say calluses very near future. My sister and brother-in-law live in Scottsdale. But welcome from Iowa.

Dave Heithoff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic