Hello and Desert Trip / Coachella

willem

Fri May 06, 2016 2:20 pm

johnny_peel69 wrote:
Hi Willem, thanks for the reply, 7 years, wow, you must have seen yourself make some remarkable progress...have you posted any videos of yourself playing on here?

Cheers, Johnny
yes there are a few floating a round,, I think I made some progress started from zero..

Willem

johnny_peel69

Fri May 06, 2016 3:45 pm

hey Michele, right now Im preparing to move house this weekend and im pulling down the wall mounted speakers...chisel is blasting out, saturday night, memories of Kings X eh! what a great aussie garage/pub band they were, rock on :)

TGNesh

Fri May 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Yes, that's me! :)

Dreadlock Holiday, yep, a great barre chord work out, but I hope you'll try it out anyway. And indeed, it'd be awesome if you could join us another year (hopefully 2017)!

johnny_peel69 wrote:
Hi Vanessa, thanks for the reply, yes I have heard of the IGC and it sounds like something that I would definitely like to do at some point, unfortunately however I dont think it will be this year, as I have a quite a few commitments in 2016 that are going to cost a bunch of cash! Next year though maybe! I have a question: are you the Vanessa that teaches sometimes on here? I saw the lesson teaser for Dreadlock Holiday, I think I might give that one a go soon, it looks like a great barre chord work out!

Johnny

familyman4

Sat May 07, 2016 10:58 am

Hello Johnny, Welcome to the world of TG! I hope you enjoy you time here and learn a lot. It sounds like you have explored the world. How fun!

Interestingly enough, this week when this announcement came out about this concert, I was working in the area where it will be held. Quite the buzz all over the world but at the local city, really a lot of chatter.

Here is a bit of info to consider if you are planning on going:
* Tickets go on sale in 2 days, May 9th.
* You can purchase a 3 day concert ticket for $399.00 each (USD)
* Hotels. Well there is another story... The Holiday Inn Express that I was staying at sold out on day #1 of the announcement. The least expensive room that they sold was $400 a night and they were getting as high as $1000 a night. (For rooms that usually cost avg. $100)

More info available if anyone wants it....

Bart

johnny_peel69

Sat May 07, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi Bart, thanks for the reply. Yeah you know, it does sound all very corporate, but hey what festival isn't these days....I'm still undecided about whether to try and get tickets or not tbh,for sure it will be a pretty expensive trip...are you thinking about going?

familyman4

Sat May 07, 2016 2:22 pm

No sir, I'm not going to make it. We have a family vacation planned this fall plus I'll be going to IGC2016 so my time away from work & funds are already spoken for. Plus, I really like smaller, more intimate concerts these days. Guess I am getting to old to enjoy fighting the crowds?

It would certainly be one to remember! Seeing all of those artists in one weekend would be special.....

Have fun if you go and find a hotel room quickly or there might not be any to find at all?

Bart

fjeanmur

Sun May 08, 2016 5:43 am

Hi Johhny--

I'm a little late to the party. My job has me very busy at the moment.

Welcome to TG. I, like everyone you've heard from, love it here, from he detailed lessons by Neil and Vanessa, to the sense of community--family really--the we find here at the Forum. You'll find yourself at home.

I have been a Target member for over three years now. I, like you, had learned a bit of guitar when I was about thirteen, played for a few years, and then put it down for about thirty five. You're right, everything comes back, but I didn't know much. Most of what I can do I learned here. So stick around.

Chiapas, huh? Almost in Guatemala. I love Mexico. I usually travel there every summer to visit friends, but I won't be there this year because I'm planning to attend a certain guitar camp in California at the end of August. B)

Well, good luck to you--or should I say "buena suerte." (How's your Spanish, buy the way? Mine is good.) See you on the Forum.

Jean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic