My Introduction

mike721

Fri May 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Hello, I'm Michael Lee

I'm a beginner guitar player but I have been practising quite a bit lately. I enjoy singing.

Baby I Need Your Lovin

auntlynnie

Fri May 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Welcome from Washington, DC,
C'mon in and make yourself at home!
Great singing and very nice barre chords for a beginning guitar player.
Glad you're here.
Lynn

BobR

Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Hello Michael,

Very nicely done.

Welcome from Massachusetts

Bob

fjeanmur

Fri May 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Welcome, Michael! Very nicely done. Explore our site and enjoy.

jayswett

Sat May 28, 2016 5:17 am

That was very nicely done. As a beginner, you have a very solid foundation upon which Neil and Vanessa can help you make progress. No question about it. As for the singing, you are blessed with some natural talent there. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 30, 2016 4:06 am

Welcome Mike. Very nicely done for a first video post! You have a wonderful voice! Have fun hear in the candy store....

Chris in Swiss

mike721

Mon May 30, 2016 10:39 am

I can't thank all of you enough for the kind praise and support.

I think I'm going to have to learn to play with a pick because the sound of my guitar is too low and hard to hear on my recording. I've tried playing with a pick before but I keep dropping the silly thing into the hole. (lol)

fjeanmur

Mon May 30, 2016 12:48 pm

mike721 wrote:
I can't thank all of you enough for the kind praise and support.

I think I'm going to have to learn to play with a pick because the sound of my guitar is too low and hard to hear on my recording. I've tried playing with a pick before but I keep dropping the silly thing into the hole. (lol)
Relax, Mike. I think that's happened to all of us at one time or another. As a kid, it happened enough; Since I'm back playing the guitar, only once. If you're playing with others, keep a nice supply of picks close at hand and just nonchalantly pick up another. No one will notice and then you can shake it out when you get home. :lol:

TGNesh

Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:41 am

Hi Michael and welcome to TG!

I'm late to the party, although I might have been one of the first who checked out your video (and site).

You're off with a great start I'd say. You are gifted with a beautiful voice and even the ability (as a beginner guitarist) to combine it with playing the guitar. It's a combination that i love the most, playing and singing.

I think you got a point to work on playing with a pick as well. Especially if you like to sing, you'll find out that in general you need several right hand tools in your toolbox, depending on what song you want to sing. Yes, quickly grabbing a another pick when you let it fall into the sound hole is an important technique as well! :laugh: :laugh: You gotta be prepared for anything, especially when performing. ;)

Anyway, enjoy the site and don't hesitate to ask any questions, give feedback or share your progress and/or problems you bump into on the guitar.

All the best,

Vanessa

mike721

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Vanessa,

I'm very honoured you took the time to write such a wonderful reply to my post.

I believe I should start by studying the Beginners Blueprint, but what I really want to learn the most is playing lead guitar. I love playing rhythm but, like just about everything, a well rounded knowledge of the guitar is always important. As Dire Straits writer Mark Knopfler wrote for the song Sultans of Swing, "make it cry and sing."

Kindest Regards,

Michael Lee :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic