Hi everyone

danielshort

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:55 am

Hi everyone, Dan from the UK (Essex)

Wanted to introduce myself to this community; just started playing guitar over the last two months and am totally addicted - to the point of having jumped from my original £90 guitar to a Taylor 314ce within a month of playing. Still early days but practicing almost daily for a couple of hours a night and having professional lessons every fortnight so its going well. Started gravitating towards finger picking as love to play songs by Damien Rice and have been finding strumming not to be as delicate sounding as finger picking but also finding the control of my right hand rather difficult at times! Practice makes perfect however!

Anyway enough rambling, good to be a member of this site - I look forward to exploring it further!

dottmcse85630

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:15 am

Welcome Dan, you made a really great choice by joining TG.
I've been playing just over 2 years now and joined TG about a year ago. After joining my playing ability really went up.

You'll find many helpful friends here on the forum of all different levels and lots of great post.
I've posted some of the dumbest most elementary questions and the responses that come back are really very helpful with getting to the next level.

So you are off to a great start, welcome.

Dennis

fjeanmur

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 am

Hi Dan!

Greetings from the East Coast and welcome to TG. I'm sure you'll find a lot to feed you "addiction." I've been a member for four years now and I haven't even scratched the surface of everything that's here. You'll also find the community is very friendly and supportive, so if you have questions or decide to upload a video, you'll always find plenty of positive input.

To start, why don't you put in your answer to Michele's question about what music you've been listening to lately. I'm sure everyone would be interested in what you have to say. I'm going to!

Good luck in your guitar endeavors and I hope to be seeing you more on the Forum.

benfield113

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi Dan,

Welcome to TG from a fellow Brit (Brighton). Great site you have joined.

Maybe see you in London sometime. David (Finn) and I often get together for a jam session.

Cheers.

Andy

auntlynnie

Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Welcome from Washington, DC,
Glad you joined TG. You'll find lots of guitarists of every level here.
I'm also mostly a fingerpicker and have the same model Taylor - it seems to work well for that style of playing.
There are tons of fingerpicking lessons here and lots of help if you have any questions/struggles/challenges/concerns.
Both students and teachers here are always willing to help.
I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.
Lynn

TGNesh

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Dan and welcome to TG!

Nice to read your introduction and your jump start into your guitar journey. I'm sure you'll get a lot out of the site, there is just a ton of content available.

Have fun and indeed, don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Best to you,

Vanessa (The Netherlands)

BobR

Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi Dan,

As you can tell from the responses here, this is a great place to be. A very supportive community.

Enjoy

Bob from "New" England

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic