Grüß aus Spinland!

spinland

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Here's some fun! This was me a few months after I retired from the military. I had been in a uniform since I was 17 and was indulging my new-found freedom to let my hair go wild. I've since gotten over that. :woohoo:

wrsomers

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:41 pm

spinland wrote:
was indulging my new-found freedom to let my hair go wild. I've since gotten over that.

Well Mark...that was your first mistake :laugh: you should have let it grow...it goes with the rest of the picture...sitting criss-cross (we can't say Indian style any longer :( ) in the grass with an open case, sandals, music sheets...looks like the perfect portrait to me. :)

spinland

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Heh. Well, Bill, it's sort of in-between now. Taking care of those long, curly locks just required too much effort.

For posterity, here's a shot of when it was at its most gloriously out of control:

And here's how it looks as of last night when I took this:

Certainly not my old military buzz but still rather easier to manage. B)

wrsomers

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 pm

I vote for look #1. Of course that's coming from someone that looked like Jesus in 1972 (that's me in my profile photo). My father wasn't too happy about it. I guess things come full circle. At least I don't have any tats and my face doesn't look like I fell face first into a tackle box!!! :laugh: :laugh:
Bill

"Criss-cross apple sauce" as my grandchildren say now:

TGNesh

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:38 pm

:laugh: :laugh: Those are awesome pics guys!!!

spinland

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:57 pm

wrsomers wrote:
...in the grass with an open case, sandals, music sheets...looks like the perfect portrait to me. :)
You didn't mention the bottle of craft beer propped against the case. If I were out busking with my case open that's what I'd want folks to toss into it. ;)

spinland

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: Those are awesome pics guys!!!
Thanks, Vanessa! Good memories in that image library I started poking through.

spinland

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:13 am

Gonna add a wee bit of personal "color" to this thread, because I want this place to be like a second home to me and so often trying to get to know people via letters on a screen is fraught (especially when emotions are triggered and there's no immediate body language or facial cue to help smooth over bumps in the communication process). This is probably oversharing to a very large degree so, if that makes you feel uncomfortable, please skip on past.

Also please don't take this post as excuse-making; rather, an attempt at peace, love and understanding. :side:

I have (as do most people) issues. Some are related to combat time in the Gulf War, some are related to symptoms of the lesser-known, and much milder (but still sometimes a PITA) form of bipolar known as "cyclothymia."

Okay.

So, when I'm pained or distressed my first line of defense is to retreat behind a rather Puckish sense of humor. In the field, under combat conditions, that kind of defense can be cool and make you come across as a bad-ass. In other situations, maybe not so much. I'm actually rather insecure-feeling and sensitive in many ways.

Quitting my well-paying corporate job to become a full-time (and rather poor) artist was a huge growth step for me, and one which almost daily exposes the raw edges of my emotional state—you can't make art without tapping into your soul. My getting back into music is another step on that journey. There will be pain, there will be mis-steps, and there will also be joy, beauty and fellowship with other artists and musicians. It's all part of the package.

So, in that spirit, and with a smile and with my arms open, please take me as I am—warts and all. B)

Mark

crieniecat

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:51 am

"So, in that spirit, and with a smile and with my arms open, please take me as I am—warts and all. B) "

Mark, glad you made the dive into this TG world.
Great to see you join us in making some waves B)

Have fun and splash around as much as you like, if you encounter a Whale every now and then, remember how Jonah survived ;) :laugh:

:lol: Corina.

spinland

Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:14 am

crieniecat wrote:
Have fun and splash around as much as you like

:silly:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic