Hello?

mike721

Wed May 03, 2017 11:07 pm

Hello, I'm Michael Lee and I took up guitar about a year ago. I love playing rhythm but I'm interested in learning lead guitar.

This is me playing Lee Michaels' "Do You Know What I Mean."

spinland

Thu May 04, 2017 5:26 am

Very cool! I'm impressed at your singing and playing at the same time: that's a skill set I'm still working towards.

Love the song, and congrats for posting it. You're gonna fit right in.

I'd love to see/hear more of your stuff; rock on! :side:

Mark

TGNesh

Thu May 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi Michael,

You sure did a very nice job playing and singing the song!

Maybe it's me, but did you introduce yourself quite a while ago as well? I seem to remember you.

In any way, awesome how you just took the plunge and posted a video, my compliments.

Have fun here at TG and never hesitate to jump in with comments, questions or feedback.

All the best to you,

Vanessa

mike721

Thu May 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Vanessa, you are quite correct. I did submit a video of "Baby I Need Your Lovin', but I haven't used TotallyGuitars for about a year and so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. Perhaps you could suggest where I should start for learning lead guitar.

mike721

Thu May 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Thank you so much for the kind regards and welcome Mark. I accidentally hit low E, at the very start, while playing the C chord and it sounded dissonant.

TGNesh

Fri May 05, 2017 4:09 am

Ah so my memory does serve me well! :)

Certainly a good thing to re-introduce and I'm glad you found your way back.

As for your question, you might wanna study the fundamentals of major and minor scales and then take a look at lead playing based on triads.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... /3810.html

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... /3864.html

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... riads.html

That should keep you occupied for a while. ;)

Btw you can find it in the top menu: Tips, Techniques, Theory & Styles, and then click on Theory. It's all in there.

Good luck and have much fun along the way!

Vanessa

mike721 wrote:
Vanessa, you are quite correct. I did submit a video of "Baby I Need Your Lovin', but I haven't used TotallyGuitars for about a year and so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. Perhaps you could suggest where I should start for learning lead guitar.

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Well done Michael, great post! i remember when you joined..... looks like you are progressing well. Enjoy, and thanks for posting!

Chris

jayswett

Sat May 06, 2017 7:57 am

Well done, sir. Only been playing a year? Hard to imagine. You seem to advanced beyond a single year. Barr chords, singing, etc. Keep it up.

mike721

Sun May 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Neil taught me how to make solid sounding Barr chords by making sure the finger is snuggled tightly into the metal fret and kept steady, then you won't have to press as hard. Lots of golfing helps too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic