This is me

trond

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:11 am

Hello. When you meet new people, it is natural and courteous to present themselves. My name is Trond, and lives in northern Norway. In a place called Helgeland. Where the sky meets the sea. I am 53 years old, married and have three children. Many years ago, guitar was an important part of my life. But the interest was gone but has now come back. Mainly for a single reason. I and my wife will soon have been married for 25 years, and I want to surprise her at the party with a song. And this song is My Sweet Lady by John Denver. It's still a long while for this to happen. But I have to perform it well. Because it will happen at a festival, and there will be two thousand people listening to it. And I hope to make my wife blush, something that does not happen so often. And that's the reason I bought lessons from here. So wish me good luck :-)
Trond :)

TGNeil

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:44 am

Hello and welcome to TG. Congratulations on the anniversary coming up and I hope you enjoy working on My Sweet Lady. I will be happy to help with any problems that you might have if you shoot a video of your progress.

Neil

auntlynnie

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:52 am

Welcome from Virginia!

That is a wonderful goal and a great song. There are several people here who have worked on that (probably many more than several) and in addition to Neil's lesson on it, there is a Fly On The Wall lesson with Sandy working on it. So that may be helpful, too.

Lynn

dean1342

Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 am

Welcome Trond. Happy 25th when it gets here. You can't go wrong with JD.

Dean

willem

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:12 am

Hi from Holland,

This is a great site with very good teachers,that song you want to learn is a beautiful song and there is a thread where familyman played it also beautiful,maybe he comes in with the link, also Sandy had a lesson from Neil Hogan and is under the ´´fly on the walls´´ and I believe she learned it in an other key..

goodluck

Willem B)

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Good luck Trond! What a great goal you have set yourself with a lovely song...

Greetings from Switzerland
Chris

sammiller

Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:58 am

Hey everyone
I'm a college student and a big fan of music!

sandysue

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm

willem wrote:
Hi from Holland,

This is a great site with very good teachers,that song you want to learn is a beautiful song and there is a thread where familyman played it also beautiful,maybe he comes in with the link, also Sandy had a lesson from Neil Hogan and is under the ´´fly on the walls´´ and I believe she learned it in an other key..

goodluck

Willem B)
Would love to see the video of your performance playing and singing my sweet lady To your wife Tron.

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic