Lesson Videos.

varleyretallick10092016

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi,

I don't understand why i can't watch the lesson videos. My computer says it has the lastest flashplayer but i can't play them. I started off learning on them ok but for months nothing I've done has worked.
I'm running out of time before my 6 month membership runs out which my husband bought for me.

Please I need help.

Thanks.

tgjameela

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your comment and we're sorry to hear that you're having trouble, if you have Flash installed and Enabled then the videos should be playing properly.

If you have not enabled Flash then the videos won't play, here is a short video on how to enable Flash.

Also please ensure that you are accessing your lesson content from the "My Pay Per Lesson" section, once you're logged in. You can either hover over the "Guitar Lessons" tab and choose "My Pay Per Lessons" or use the left hand menu, under My Account".

Once you get to the Pay Per Lesson page you'll see a link to access your package, click on that link and expand the sections to view the lesson segments.

I hope these details help, let us know if you're able to view the contents.

Thanks!
Jameela

jayswett

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 pm

I can't seem to play the videos using Google Chrome, but can do so using internet explorer. I don't know why this is, but consider trying a different browser.

Just curious, did you find your six month subscription useful?

auntlynnie

Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:58 pm

When I'm in Google Chrome I have to click the Exclamation point and tell it to run flash.
It doesn't seem to remember that I've enabled it.
Lynn

wrsomers

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:53 pm

The problem is that TG is not a secure site. You have to tell your Chrome browser to allow flash content to play. It is high time that TG fixed this.
Bill

TGNeil

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey Bill,

Good to hear from you and thanks for weighing in. Hopefully you have been following the weekly updates and know that the major reconstruction is well underway.

All the best,

Neil

tgjameela

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Just to add a bit of background to this. The secure certificate is not the issue, it's related to browsers no longer supporting Flash, this has become a new web standard across all major browsers, and now installing Flash isn't enough, you have to actually go in and ask the browser to allow it. Some browsers will save your settings, Chrome unfortunately does not any more so you have to enable it each time you come back.

All of our current videos are done in Flash and in lieu of going thru and updating them all we have decided the the time is better suited towards fixing the site as a whole, including a new player format that does not utilize flash.

Regarding the certificate, there is a ton of mixed content across the site and installing a site wide SSL (which we would absolutely love to do) would inevitably break a lot of the site, so we have opted to only apply the certificate on pages that collect personal information. You'll notice if you purchase a lesson or subscribe to the TARGET program that the SSL is in place on those pages.

We appreciate everyone that continues to utilize the site in spite of these technical difficulties, our support team is of course more than happy to assist with any issues that arise, so please feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] if you run into any trouble.

Thanks again everyone!

wrsomers

Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:38 am

tgjameela wrote:
Just to add a bit of background to this. The secure certificate is not the issue, it's related to browsers no longer supporting Flash, this has become a new web standard across all major browsers, and now installing Flash isn't enough, you have to actually go in and ask the browser to allow it. Some browsers will save your settings, Chrome unfortunately does not any more so you have to enable it each time you come back.

All of our current videos are done in Flash and in lieu of going thru and updating them all we have decided the the time is better suited towards fixing the site as a whole, including a new player format that does not utilize flash.

Regarding the certificate, there is a ton of mixed content across the site and installing a site wide SSL (which we would absolutely love to do) would inevitably break a lot of the site, so we have opted to only apply the certificate on pages that collect personal information. You'll notice if you purchase a lesson or subscribe to the TARGET program that the SSL is in place on those pages.

We appreciate everyone that continues to utilize the site in spite of these technical difficulties, our support team is of course more than happy to assist with any issues that arise, so please feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] if you run into any trouble.

Thanks again everyone!
Thanks for the insight Jameela. As usual you are on top of things at TG. Your explanation makes perfect sense.
Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic