Howdy-doo from Los Altos CA

cathybelle

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:40 pm

Hello all, I'm a new member living in Los Altos CA. I've been playing guitar regularly for about 6 years now, since retiring from my hectic silicon valley career. I enjoy lots of different types of playing, but particularly fingerstyle work (when my nails are cooperating). I have been part of a songwriting group for a few years, and have written a few dozen songs which have been enjoyed by tens of people worldwide. Just before COVID hit I had made a resolution to perform at an Open Mic...that has yet to happen in person, but I did perform at virtual open mics almost every week for the last year, so "coming out" to the real world might be just a squeak away. Looking forward to "meeting" more folks here and sharing our joy of music together.

TGNesh

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:55 am

Hi Cathy and welcome to TG and the forums!

Coincedently my family has lived in Los Altos for 20 years or so. I've been there pretty much every year the last 5/6 years. But.....they have moved a month ago to Austin.

Actually, you're pretty close to TG-Central too.

In any way, nice to 'meet' you! Good luck in your musical journey. As you say you're only a squeak away from performing live. You might wanna consider our guitarcamp! (it'll be close to your place) An awesome opportunity to do exactly that (performing live), and much more. Like finding a whole bunch of supportive guitar-enthusiasts. Not too mention all the instruction of several teachers.

Personally I can't make it this year, will have to save it for another.

Again, best of luck to you.

Vanessa

Lisa.C

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:11 pm

Howdy-doo Cathy and Vanessa,

Ysela and I had the awesome opportunity to meet Cathy at an open mic in San Jose last week with Victor. I sooo can't wait to hang out at camp and hear her play in person! :D

Vanessa, I'm sorry you won't be making this camp but look forward to you your lessons, as always.

Cheers,
Lisa

vzg14

Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:15 am

So happy to know you Cathy and to have you involved in TG/IGC. Looking forward to spending more musical time with you and witnessing your resolution come to fruition. We'll seek and find lots of Open Mic opportunities in the area and we'll have loads of fun.

-Victor

carolm242

Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Hi Cathy!!

It's so awesome to see you here at TG!! Welcome, and wow you will just love all the songs, lessons, content, and mostly the great people in here!! I hope to see you and the rest of the crew at IGC this year (We will miss Vanessa sooooo much!!!)

yaaaay Cathy is here!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic