Hello from Sac, CA

Brooke

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi Folks,
I have been playing guitar for a long time now, lots of electric but have made a hard pivot to classical/flamenco the past few years.
I think I am an intermediate player but I read music very poorly. Looking forward to some helpful discussion in all things guitar!

Thanks,
Brooke
Sacramento CA

Lisa.C

Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:56 am

HI Brooke,

Well, I don't read music at all so you are way ahead of me. Here's to you finding lots of interesting songs on this site, as I have.

Cheers and Welcome!

Lisa

RevKate

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:02 am

Hi Brooke,

When I try to make a commitment to learn at least one new chord, phrase, riff, song intro etc. every day, it really adds up in short order to expand my skills. I can sight sing sheet music and play chords charts on guitar, and some piano, but transferring that knowledge, to my hands on six strings takes time. I love music, so I guess you would call me a perpetual student! My overall goal is to develop the skill to echo the music I can hear or sing to my guitar. I want to fill those phrases in fingerstyle intros, or even when moving between simple chord patterns to add complexity or interest. I take baby steps.

Are you learning for personal accomplishment, or do you have a special musical goal you are working towards?

carolm242

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 am

Hi Brooke!!

Nice to see another Classical Guitar enthusiast here, I can't believe how beautiful classical really is, and yanno it truly helps you to become a better player no matter what style... There's quite a bit of classical stuff in TG, just scroll down to the filter boxes on the right side of the screen you will see "classical"... Just check that and enjoy!!!!!

Carol

jetzster

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:29 pm

Hi Brooke
Im an old player live in Fair Oaks back here to get caught up from a too long hiatus ,
This site was always great so Im back again
Take care
Michael

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic