Hi from Switzerland

loek

Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:14 am

Hello I am Loek. I am 68 years old and I played guitar all my life. I play anything from Eric Clapton to 70is music to today. Bot 8 months ago I had a triple bypass and then right after a double stroke which took my right side out. Last 6 month I learned to walk again and my right side, arm I get a bit of power in it. But it is very hard and i have to practise every day. Music was my life and now I am at the beginning again. It takes long time to write all this, so ill submit it now and will continue later. By and I will be here later :|
:D

kherdeman

Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:57 pm

Sorry to hear about your current health condition. I'm glad to see you are working to overcome and hope you get back to health soon. I just turned 67 and have been playing since my early 50's. Mostly acoustic but I do have an electric (and a banjo I hope to get to in the near future). I've been taking private lessons for several years. Although I'm a better player than when I started not much better. I wish I would have started playing when I was younger, by hands and brain don't work together so well now.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ken H.

loek

Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:28 am

Hi thanks for your comment. So I will go on and i keep on practising evry day. I used to play much beter than now but my right hand has to practise. it is very hard just even strumming with this hand, -I used to do this so easyly before, but with a stroke, jou have to start from the beginning. I now I take a song from led Zeppelin, " Babe Im gonna leave you" to practise my fingerpicking with the right hand. and each day I find just a little bit that its going little better. That makes me really happy.
Well I'll write more and more and keep on proctising.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic