Totally Guitars Announces Endorsement Of Song Surgeon Software

TGMike

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

Totally Guitars is proud to announce its endorsement of Song Surgeon Software. As you know we don't currently endorse or partner with many other guitar related products. In fact this is only our second one in over two years of being online. We always make sure it is something Neil likes to use, our members will find useful and is truly a great product!

You can watch Neil tell you more about Song Surgeon here:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/songsurgeon

Song Surgeon is one of the BEST tools you can have in your guitar toolbox. Once you begin using it, you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it. The reason is simple. You learn faster by slowing the music down. A survey of almost 200 guitarists who slowed down songs as a means of learning estimated that slowing the music down helped them learn over 600% faster. That's pretty amazing - and good reason for you to give it a try. In addition to it ability to slow down music while maintaining high quality, distortion free audio, Song Surgeon is loaded with many other functions that make this a must-have tool for any guitarist. Here is a small sampling of some of the other things it can do:

Download audio and video from the internet
Create customized practice lessons
Export changes making them permanent and portable
Create multiple loop points
Change pitch and/or tempo

On the page you can watch Neil explain how he uses it and get a free demo version!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/songsurgeon

Please Note: Song Surgeon will not give you the ability to download lesson videos on Totally Guitars.

jjeakle

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 pm

So, no way to use Song Surgeon to slow down Neil's lessons? Major bummer. To be able to take parts of his lessons and create a practice loop would be huge - totally great? Isn't there some way to do this??

jim

dennisg

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm always interested in any software that can make song-learning easier. And since you're endorsing a specific product, I have to assume it's because you believe it offers advantages over its competitors. With that in mind, I'd be curious to know what Song Surgeon offers in terms of feature set or ease of use that isn't currently being offered by similar software products such as Amazing Slow Downer and Capo.

TGNeil

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:19 pm

I have not tried all the similar products but used Amazing Slow Downer for quite a while. When I started with Song Surgeon, one of the main things I liked was that it handled mp3 files better, without a separate plug in. Not sure if that is still the case with ASD. I might try to re-evaluate the different products soon.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic