>> I am out of hibernation here is why ? TG's first Guitar camp

skaladar

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Great to hear from you Matt, especially when you come bearing such exciting news.

I’ve read some wonderful suggestions and since I’ve never been to a guitar camp I have nothing to add other than I am very interested. This kind of event is an excellent opportunity for TG members and others to get together somewhere other than the cyber-pondesosa, hopefully on a regular basis. I dunno if I’ll be able to make the inaugural gathering due to the time frame but I eagerly await the details.

♫ Ken ♫

RicksPick

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Aww Man This is so tempting
Good to see you back Matt

RicksPick

jayswett

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Looking forward to hearing the details in the near future.

thereshopeyet

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 am

Thanks.

tombo1230

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
In reality it's unlikely I'll ever cope with such an event what little sanity I've recovered is being murdered.
Come the summer I may not even have the will to live with the up and coming uk austerity changes.

Who wants to live in a World where any men justify murder and war of any kind over supporting life.

My reality is Hope is running on empty over here.
Translated then Dermot........The muppets in charge of the country are making an *rse of it! I couldn't agree more! :laugh:
Maybe Guitar camp would be a welcome break. :) I think the summer is too close for me and like others here might think about the following year.

Tom N.

Catman

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 am

Living, as I do, on a different continent (nobody is quite sure if it's Europe, Asia, or Africa), I wouldn't go to the considerable expense of a US guitar camp without some rock-solid recommendations, so I need all y'all locals to be my guinea-pigs. And in any case the summer of 2013 is not an option for me.

Like Shel and Tony, I am committed (emotionally, not financially) to attending the Seattle camp in 2014, but I would consider attending TGC2014 as well if it could be managed in one trip. So I am looking forward to hearing great things about TGC2013.

Just about everything I would like to see in a guitar camp has already been mentioned. One thing that has been mentioned that I am a bit hesitant about is having classes for electric guitar. Unless there are soundproofed classes and rehearsal rooms, I think they would be too loud for a mainly acoustic guitar environment.

Matt, I hope this venture is a great success!

daryl

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 am

tombo1230 wrote:
thereshopeyet wrote:
In reality it's unlikely I'll ever cope with such an event what little sanity I've recovered is being murdered.
Come the summer I may not even have the will to live with the up and coming uk austerity changes.

Who wants to live in a World where any men justify murder and war of any kind over supporting life.

My reality is Hope is running on empty over here.
Translated then Dermot........The muppets in charge of the country are making an *rse of it! I couldn't agree more! :laugh:
Maybe Guitar camp would be a welcome break. :) I think the summer is too close for me and like others here might think about the following year.

Tom N.
Perhaps Matt will consider a European guitar camp as there are lots and lots of European members (and many of them are quite active on the site).......

thereshopeyet

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:57 am

Catman
Enjoy your 2014 camps..... I hope they happen for you.

dekotaj

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 am

Hey Matt.Good to hear from you.

Like others,Sounds like a lot of fun.And if you would have came out with this two week ago I would have tried to make it. But just sent a check out last week for a camp in March of this year in Nashville,TN.I to I'm hoping to meet a lot of folks from the site in 2014 in Seattle.

Kevin

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:24 am

Great idea, I've bought my Lotto ticket cos that's the only way I'll ever make it. I look forward to the videos and stories that will come out of this though.

One thought even though I won't make it; an exclusive couple of days for TG'ers then bring in the general public might be cool.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic