>> I am out of hibernation here is why ? TG's first Guitar camp

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm

...er what was that Dennis, i wasn't paying attention.... :laugh:

Thanks for taking the time.
Location. Nature is good. Nature is relaxing. Nature is inspirational. So that's where I'd hope to find a camp. In the middle of nature
I'd certainly vote for that!

dtaylor

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Interesting post Dennis, you speak from experience which is invaluable. I'd love to do a TG camp one day, if not this year. I do think that if it's produced with the same customer focus that this site is based on it should be home run.

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Excellent post Dennis. Having followed your previous camp exploits with much envy, I appreciate you taking the time to put these recommendations down for all of us... B)

I have to admit that I have been toying with the idea of trying to make the camp with so many of you next year. Whether it be up in Seattle, or possibly a future TG camp, the most exciting facet of it all is the opportunity to meet and play with so many of the folks I have grown to admire and enjoy... :)

J

familyman4

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Dennis,

Thank you so much for your input on this topic. I understand that you will not be able to join the TG camp, but your input here will help many of us that are planning on attending. Many thanks for your participation in the discussions!

Bart

tvarga

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 am

Sign me up! I would very much like to attend.
Especially if it were to be held near TG central as I have family nearby.
July is fairly busy for me but August is wide open. Maybe it would be better for more people as it's further out?
I would think that 3-4 days would be about the right amount of time.
One idea might be for Neil to assign some homework in advance of camp. :)
In my case, I'd love it if he were to post 3 really challenging finger-picking tabs. That would really motivate me!
Anyway, I hope this works out.
I really enjoyed the Canadian New Englanders get-together from a while back. I'd love to meet more TGers and get the chance to jam!
-Tom

familyman4

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:55 am

Matt,

I have reviewed all of this this thread & understand that we should know the actual dates within the next 3 weeks. The cost will obviously be important too but even if we do not have the cost, when the dates are set with the location, please pass that on to us so vacations can be requested and airlines tickets can be secured. The further out we can take care of these things, the less expensive it will be to get there.

I am actually at a "Bluegrass / Flatpicking" workshop this weekend and having a blast! But it's local and a small event. Still a load of fun...

Thanks....
Bart

tombo1230

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am

Great post Dennis and very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to put your experience down in words for the benefit of us all.

Tom N.

jimcjimc

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 am

Yes, a great post, Dennis!

I attended California Coast Music Camp in 2011 and Puget Sound Guitar Workshop in 2012.

Attending a music camp is an intense experience. It is a great opportunity to step away from your world and immerse yourself with world class musicians and people passionate about making music!

It can be a plus to be in a remote place with spotty or no cell phone coverage. (It was rumored at both camps that there was a high spot that you might find a few bars on your phone if you had the right carrier.)

It is nice to untether from the cell phones, tablets, laptops, TV and focus on music for a week.

Also good for all campers - students and instructors - to be resident campers and not day guests - to accommodate the late night jams or the Q&A in the breakfast line.

JimC

wrench

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Just tell me when and where. I'll take it from there.

Hydroman52

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Dennis,

I'm glad you shared your thoughts on the forum. If anyone is put off by a long post, it's easy enough for them to scroll past it. I would be glad to hear any more of your thoughts on the subject.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic