>> Announcing our first accredited TG teacher to join us, Vanessa.

TGMatt

Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 am

I have been itching to do this for more than a week, and now I can finally let you all know that our very own Vanessa Bot has graciously agreed to join Totally Guitars as a teacher.

She will become the first "accredited" Totally Guitars teacher , this means she has passed Neil's very critical standards to show up regularly for us...and we all know he is a bit anally retentive in a good way of course on this stuff.

We have had our eyes on adding a new teacher to the fold, but as you know the standards are high, this is why it is with such great pleasure we have asked Vanessa to join us, for those of you who do not know , she came to our attention as a student on TG .

Her valuable contributions to all, her knowledge base and her ability to add a new dimension to new lessons here on TG are all perfect reasons to have her on board in a more formal level.

What does this mean for you all here ?....

Well Vanessa will be creating lessons based on our guidance with a primary focus on female artists and Keyboard orientated songs that can be converted to play with an acoustic guitar.

For all of you members who know Vanessa then you know she both deserves this recognition and also your congratulations.

I would ask you not to bombard her with requests, the process to recommend a lesson is well trodden and we already have a plan in place with her in the coming weeks. But please add your suggestions into the suggest a song list, you never know who will pick them off, Neil or Vanessa.

In the meantime look for her first lesson, coming very soon, and please give her a huge welcome.

From me to you Vanessa, huge congrats, hug and welcome.

Vanessa as part of her new teaching role here at TG has also been asked to attend as a guest at our upcoming International Guitar Camp...She will be there as both a student and supporting teacher and I cannot wait to see her in action.

Below for those who are not aware of Vanessa's career is a short BIO...

Vanessa has been a professional music teacher for more than ten years. She teaches guitar (bassguitar), piano and the drums from her teaching studio in Zaandam, The Netherlands. She has also been developing guitar and piano teaching video tutorials for sometime.

Vanessa has been playing for more than thirty five years and performing for close to thirty. In that time she's played in many bands, from eleven piece bands to duos to solo performance. She's mostly played the guitar and sung, but also the drums and piano.

She plays and teaches a wide range of music from classical to contemporary, in a range of genres. Some of her personal favourites groups and artists are Jason Mraz, The Eagles, Elvis, The Beatles, Crosby Stills and Nash, Bon Jovi, U2, Pink Floyd, Anouk, Adele, The Beatles, Robbie Williams and many more.'

Cheers

Matt

lueders

Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 am

I CANT BELIEVE THIS...BUT @ THE SAME TIME I CAN TOTALLY BELIEVE THIS!!! SHE IS SO WORTHY!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

EDIT: WHEN I HASTILY READ THIS I NATURALLY GOT MONDO, Ridiculously, EXCITED AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF: I WONDER IF SHE"LL EVER CONSIDER MOVING TO THE STATES...WELL, I GOTTA ASK...IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU"LL MOVE TO THE STATES SOMEDAY?? SUNNY CALIFORNIA AND TG CENTRAL ARE CALLING YOU...(HECK YOU CAN RELOCATE THE WHOLE FAM!) THOSE WOODEN SHOES ARE PROBABLY WEARING SPLINTERS BY NOW...ON THE BEACHES OF CALIFORNIA FOOTWEAR IS OPTIONAL. lol! VANESSA!!!! VANESSA!!! VANESSA!!! WHOO HOO!!

AcousticAl

Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 am

Wow congratulations, Vanessa!

Proof that you get out what you put in, and you've been a great contributor to this site.

Cheers!

daryl

Tue May 28, 2013 6:01 am

Excellent. So great to be recognized. You'll fit right in! How exciting for you, Vanessa.

What does this mean for Vanessa and the forum? Will her interactions there change?

jim56

Tue May 28, 2013 6:04 am

Congratulations Vanessa!

Looking forward to the first lesson.

Jim

thereshopeyet

Tue May 28, 2013 6:17 am

You've gotta be kidding !!

:laugh:

michelew

Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 am

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! (Cori beat me to the slew of emoticons - :) B) B) :lol: :lol: :) where's the 'over the moon' emoticon? :P :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This is the BEST news since,..... FOREVER! :) :) :) GOSH!

As the self-appointed President of the 'We LOVE Nessa the Super-muso' Fan Club, I've been waiting for Nessa to get her Deputy Teaching Guru Badge for aaaaages. :)

Neil - not only are you a teachers' teacher, the guru and go-to-guy in all things guitar, you've also got GREAT taste in teachers. I didn't think you'd find ANYONE with the right mix of skills, experience and beautiful qualities that Would complement your teaching style. How wrong can a person be? Nessa is the PERFECT choice. THANK YOU!

Nessa- I was thinking just last night how lucky we are to have you in the community. The way you've been helping Chris to identify the chords in his Moodies song is just one little example of the ways in which you go out of your way to help us all become better musicians. Everyday you demonstrate why you're the perfect choice for the very first TG Accredited Teacher. Your passion, your dedication and willingness to help, your knowledge and your abilities are only matched by Neil's. You're a natural born teacher and an AMAZING Musician.

I'm honoured to be able to call you my friend and now I'm over the moon thrilled that you'll be one of my teachers too. Well let's face it, I and others here at TG have been learning from you for sometime. But, I'm ecstatic that it's now official.

I've already learned SO much from you, including how to engage with the camera (still learning that one), how to vary things up....so many things. Neil and Nessa...WHAT a FANTASTIC team.

I CAN'T WAIT to see your first lesson and to find out what else you've got planned for us.

WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D WOO HOO!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) :) :D I'm doing back flips. :)

Well except for the whole camp thing.... Now I'm extra bummed that I can't make it :( :( :(

Shel :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

suziko

Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am

Well, like I said in my other thread, I'm just so thrilled to hear this news!! Vanessa has shown time and again not only what a huge talent she is- but also what a skilled teacher she is. I think this promises great things for all of us here at TG. Neil is already such an excellent teacher (best one I've found online so far!) and now having Vanessa to add her expertise... well, TG is going to seriously ROCK!!

Can't wait to see your first lesson, Nessa!!

I'm with Cori: Move to the US! :)

Suzi

Catman

Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 am

Fantastic!

Nessa, congratulations! (1000's of :cheer: )

Matt, I don't think you and Neil could have made a better choice.

David

Catman

Tue May 28, 2013 8:16 am

suziko wrote:
I'm with Cori: Move to the US! :)
No, no, no. Stay in Europe, we need you here :)

But now we need a teacher in the southern hemisphere to even things out around the globe. Is Tommy available?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic