Some fixes coming, were gonna break things too !..Just a warning

TGMatt

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Folks, just a heads up that we are going through a process to test and change up things, to do some of the upgrades we need to do, so we can improve design and look, navigation and all sorts of things, we will be turning some stuff off , and playing with a lot of things...

Please be patient with us, we have a huge site, very complicated and we have a series of systems that are at best problematic, not an easy job to keep you all live and upgrade software that we have simply outgrown, and no amount of patches and custom code will enable us to escape the inevitable problems we face,

If we break something or you find a page that is a dead end or something, please drop us a line, here in this post if you like, I will monitor it, or you can place a ticket in etc..

We need to simplify some stuff first, so we can improve the experience.

Ok thx for your support

Cheers

Matt

familyman4

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Sometimes in life, you just have to "tear it up to fix it".... The good news is that the site has grown enough to justify making these improvements and getting ready for even more growth with more happy TG members :) :) :) :)

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the improvements.

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 am

Thanks for the heads up Matt. Looks like TG is exceeding even your dreams, that's a great sign!

Maybe there is some up-front info you can give us as you go ahead? If we are aware of what kind of changes are in the pipe works, folks can better deal with any inconveniences. Over here, if there's going to be road works, there will be signs up giving the scope and time frame of the expected work which helps get buy-in for the project.

coomba

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:21 am

Where I'm from I would be happy to just see some road works :laugh:
I don't care what you do Matt , just so long as you leave the beer fridge alone.
Cheers.

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:23 am

coomba wrote:
I don't care what you do Matt , just so long as you leave the beer fridge alone.
Cheers.
A man after my own heart.... B)

Also, thanks for the heads up Matt.

J

thereshopeyet

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:33 am

Matt Wrote:
We will be turning some stuff off , and playing with a lot of things...
Sounds dodgy.......... :ohmy:
When you turn the lights back on...... will you be switching every else on too...... :S

:unsure:

Click Image To Enlarge

familyman4

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Well I haven't been on the site a whole lot in the past few weeks but I have noticed a few changes when reviewing a full lesson.

1st - The home screen has a real picture of Neil now, not a cartoon type pic.
2nd - The "play through" has been moved to the first chapter after the preview. This makes a lot of sense because I always looked at the play through first anyway.

Probably more, just letting you know that I have noticed these changes....

Keep em coming...
Bart

TGNeil

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:52 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Well I haven't been on the site a whole lot in the past few weeks but I have noticed a few changes when reviewing a full lesson.

1st - The home screen has a real picture of Neil now, not a cartoon type pic.
2nd - The "play through" has been moved to the first chapter after the preview. This makes a lot of sense because I always looked at the play through first anyway.

Probably more, just letting you know that I have noticed these changes....

Keep em coming...
Bart
Hi Bart,

In my lessons the segments are randomly arranged with no consistency from lesson to lesson, and many don't include a Play Through at all. I set up lessons with whatever segments seem appropriate for the song and that doesn't usually change. Thanks for the commentary on the cartoon pic as I think that is an upgrade we all can live with.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:41 am

Neil Wrote:
Thanks for the commentary on the cartoon pic as I think that is an upgrade we all can live with.
I noticed that too, it looks more professional.

Good picture too Neil

Dermot

:)

Edit
If me posting cartoons has become tedious, let me know.
I'll stop if it annoys everyone.

sbutler

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Neil Wrote:
Thanks for the commentary on the cartoon pic as I think that is an upgrade we all can live with.
I noticed that too, it looks more professional.

Good picture too Neil

Dermot

Edit
If me posting cartoons has become tedious, let me know.
I'll stop if it annoys everyone.

Dermot, you are the official cartoonist, so you can't stop. Sorry.
Scott.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic