Dave Nachmanoff Concert in Northern Virginia

auntlynnie

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:14 am

Hello all,
Just had to share the news that I'm hosting a house concert for Dave Nachmanoff here in Northern Virginia on Sunday, March 9th, at 3 p.m.
I don't know of any TG members close by, but I'm just so thrilled to be doing this that I had to post it. If anyone is in the area and wants to attend, just send me a message.
Who knows, maybe there will be some Acoustic Snapshots from this event.
Cheers,
Lynn

sandysue

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 am

Hi Lynn

That is so exciting, you'll have to post a video of you playing a song with Dave. We would love that

Sandy

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:31 am

auntlynnie wrote:
Hello all,
Just had to share the news that I'm hosting a house concert for Dave Nachmanoff here in Northern Virginia on Sunday, March 9th, at 3 p.m.
I don't know of any TG members close by, but I'm just so thrilled to be doing this that I had to post it. If anyone is in the area and wants to attend, just send me a message.
Cheers,
Lynn
Lyn:

Nice! I sure hope you have a good time, and get some Snapshots. I would love to hear the details of how you went about that, and what it takes to pull it off.

Jason

sbutler

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:20 pm

For those of you that haven't heard of Dave, don't worry, you will. Those of us at IGC last year got an intro to what this guy can do, and he is amazing. And to think he'll be doing a seminar this September is really cool.
I don't know how Lynn did this, but hearing Dave play, is well worth the effort it may take to be there. Wow, If only I could,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Scott

willem

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:46 pm

we need proof!!lol,,

Great Lynny

BobR

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi Lynn,

That sounds so cool. Anyone that has heard Dave play knows it will be great .

I recorded this at a small venue with Al Stewart a few years ago

Bob

tombo1230

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 am

auntlynnie wrote:
Hello all,
Cheers,
Lynn
Nice one Lynn,
that's just fantastic. I hope you all have a great time. :)

Tom N.

auntlynnie

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks, everyone, for your kind wishes.
Jason - here's how it came about: I'm on Dave's email list, so recently he sent out an email with some concert dates here on the East Coast. The next day was a second email that said, "Have Dave perform in your living room" (and he was specifically looking for the Washington, DC area. I replied and asked what it takes to make this happen. Yes, there is some financial responsibility. But, that is offset by the requested "donation" per person. Dave is really easy to work with - he explained how it could work (basically we'll be using e-vite) and if I don't get enough people on my own, he'll publicize it on his website and facebook page. I'm pretty confident that it will be fine, and naturally I'll post here about how it goes.
Cheers,
Lynn

Music Junkie

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 am

auntlynnie wrote:
Thanks, everyone, for your kind wishes.
Jason - here's how it came about: I'm on Dave's email list, so recently he sent out an email with some concert dates here on the East Coast. The next day was a second email that said, "Have Dave perform in your living room" (and he was specifically looking for the Washington, DC area. I replied and asked what it takes to make this happen. Yes, there is some financial responsibility. But, that is offset by the requested "donation" per person. Dave is really easy to work with - he explained how it could work (basically we'll be using e-vite) and if I don't get enough people on my own, he'll publicize it on his website and facebook page. I'm pretty confident that it will be fine, and naturally I'll post here about how it goes.
Cheers,
Lynn
Muriel does the same thing. I thought about it, but my house is so small, it would never work out. I would have to gt another venue. I am so happy that it worked out for you. I am eagerly awaiting feedback. It is going to be so much fun!!!! :) :)

J

auntlynnie

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:30 am

The Post-Concert Report:

Hosting the House Concert for Dave was such a great experience! I had decided weeks ago not to try to do a song with Dave - I knew that I would be putting way too much pressure on myself. Still, was a bit of a wreck in the days leading up to the big day, just getting the house ready. We don't have a large home, so we moved all of the furniture out of the living room/dining room. Collected 40 folding chairs from various neighbors, shopping with the caterer, etc, etc. By two days before the event I was almost regretting signing up for this, and then Dave called to reassure me that all would be fine... and it was. We had about 50 people - wow! - most of whom had never seen Dave or heard his music. He is such a good performer that he soon had everyone singing along. Did I mention that Chan (from IGC) and his wife, Bonnie, drove 3 hours from Pennsylvania for this show?

House concerts are quite different from other formats. I think that both the performer and the audience are much more comfortable and interactive. It is a thoroughly enjoyable atmosphere (or was that all the Cactus Juice I was drinking?). Dave is full of good stories (beside the stories in his songs) and, well.... it was just a great time. I am ever grateful to my always supportive husband, Steve.

I'll be posting a few videos as soon as I get finished slicing and dicing them, and trying to remember my password for Youtube. I'm already looking forward to IGC and Dave's workshops at the camp.
Cheers,
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic