Dave Nachmanoff - Live from Flower Mound Texas

willem

Sun May 18, 2014 1:44 pm

I am in..1hour 45minutes to wait,,it here in Holland 8.45 at night (evening)

Willem

willem

Sun May 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Great show Wiley,,don't worry a bout the start,the second half was worth the money,tips and all,,goodluck

Willem

Hydroman52

Sun May 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Good show, Wiley. Thanks for putting it on. Good recovery on the rough start. Thanks for hanging in there on the tech side. I like this type of venue and would like it to continue to grow.

Hydroman52

haoli25

Sun May 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks, Wiley. Dave puts on a great show. I really enjoyed it.

Bill Image

wiley

Mon May 19, 2014 9:08 am

No Willem, Dave got on the plane with only his Martin - the Gibson is back on the studio wall!!

I cannot say or express my gratitude to all of you for hanging in there with me, we all knew Dave was going to come through! And did he ever, both on Saturday night at Poor David's in Dallas (There's a video floating around now of Al and Dave in that venue doing "Year of the Cat").

I want to say something special to each and everyone of you who watched, yet I have no ideal who 'everyone' is! Just to be able to share this with all of you was a special event.

We did sell 54 'tickets' and had close to 1,200 'views'.

Countless 'sound checks' before Dave's arrival, another not an hour before going live. Top of the line on all the signal path, the Yeti Pro was doing it's thing - 24bit/192khz - the camera was streaming at 1020p. The sunlight was never a problem on the test, the blinds are just that, the shades are 'fixed' and were closed. There's actually a 20 foot deep 'cover' on the patio directly outside the windows. Thanks for everyone for pointing the problem out, i really had no ideal, never showed on the checks.Sometimes just staying 'simple' is best. I had the internet in 'wired' directly to the modem, had a download speed of around 800mB, upload of 350+. Ended p pulling the wire and going wireless, around 1/5th of the speed. But hey, it worked.

I have no ideal what went wrong, my thanks for all of the encouragement and for all of you who 'had my back' as I flew around crazy trying to get it up. For the few who left - so be it - my concern was for those of you watching and, of course, for Dave.

Our sincere hope is that all of you enjoyed the show, even the tech problem parts!

We did do a bit of other 'filming', including after the show with me singing (yep - Dave has that effect on people) and plying with Al Stewart's sideman taking the lead. Hopefully we can get that off the wife's phone and posted!

And Concert Window is set up for 'live' streaming only as to "Copyright" laws and such. More later, got an airport run to make!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic