Dave Nachmanoff - Live from Flower Mound Texas

wiley

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Since Niel talked abut this in the weekly update, I'll make a quick post,

I recently announced my Wife and I were hosting a "House Concert" with Dave Nachmanoff like the one Lynn did recently. Thanks to Liz Longley I was introduced to "Concert Window". Now, what Concert Window does is takes a live stream from a customer/artist/whatever and broadcast it, live, as it's happening (slight delay as most of these things are). But I'm not here to advertise for CW - simply put, they become the site where anyone, anywhere can view a live performance. They supply the technology to multi-stream and do the head counting, etc.

What I am here for is to tell all of you "welcome to my Home and join in as Dave Nachmanoff plays there on Sunday, May18th starting around 3:30pm, CST".

I will be streaming the signal from my home via camera/audio/laptop/internet to CW who will then stream it out to you. Dave has agreed to a "Pay What You Want" deal, which starts at $1 minimum and you can "tip" during the show or, pay what you want!! So start out with buying a 'ticket' that lets you in for $1 and there ya go! For now we will broadcast the first part as the intermission will also be "Dinner Time" for us there. Sorry guys, can't stream the BBQ! Now I haven't done so yet but we may pick up and broadcast after the break - which would be about an hour afterwards or, around 5:30pm CST. Problem would be of course, the 'ticket' would apply again. I will be talking with Dave and his folks about this if there is enough interest.

So, for now, here's a link to take a peek!

http://www.concertwindow.com/shows/5343 ... ound-texas

willem

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Thats great Wiley, for one dollar I can see the live show at your house,,I study the link,, I'll see what time it is over here.

Man thats awesome

Willem

TGNesh

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:47 am

Willem, one dollar?????? :S Gosh you're SO dutch, whahaha!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, just hád to tease you! :P

willem wrote:
Thats great Wiley, for one dollar I can see the live show at your house,,I study the link,, I'll see what time it is over here.

Man thats awesome

Willem

willem

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Willem, one dollar?????? :S Gosh you're SO dutch, whahaha!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, just hád to tease you! :P

willem wrote:

Man thats awesome

Willem
:laugh: :laugh: nou ja ik spaar geen zegels(try google translate folks) :laugh: :laugh:

Willem

wiley

Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 am

Bump and quick update;

The plan is to go 'on air' a bit before 3:30pm (CST), Dave will begin around 3:30, do a 45 minute set, 15 minute break, and end with around another 45 minutes.

So - 3:30pm>4:15pm - 4:15 to 4:30 break - 4:30>5:15

If you haven't experienced a venue like "ConcertWindow" then here's the deal - we decided to keep the broadcast live during the break to eliminate the redundant buy-ins. You can purchase a 'ticket' anytime from now and even during the show. So if you can't get online until say 4:00pm (or even 5:00), you can still join in. Minimum 'ticket' purchase is $1us. Once online, there will be a live chat box, Dave probably will never see it but maybe, I will be monitoring it for sure. You can go 'full screen' or not, there's also a 'tip' box where you can 'tip' during the show , minimum there is $3 (or maybe a $1 - I have never tipped below $3 so I don't really know) - you can also raise that tip to whatever you like. I do know you can't be in Full Screen mode to do either the tip or chat.

In fact, you can 'visit' ConcertWindow and browse around at any time, sign up early and it's real simple getting into a broadcast. .The wife and I have recently watched Liz Longley and Robby Hecht, Crystal Bowersox, and even Laurence Juber! In fact, Steve Katz (Blood, Sweat and Tears) and Hal Ketchum are each doing shows tonight.

It's our honest wish everyone of you could join us here for this, maybe later? Sorry, can't 'stream' the Pinoit Noir or the BBQ! (Or the Shiner Beer!)

So this goes out to those of you who can't be here physically, I know for those of you on Facebook I sent an invitation and an invite to the broadcast. Dave and I would appreciate the 'share' if you would.

Getting real busy and a bit nervous here!

willem

Sat May 10, 2014 3:57 am

I have put Dallas on my worldclock app, its a 6 hours diffrent so for one dollar it could bring me a nice evening.

Willem

TGNesh

Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 am

wiley

Fri May 16, 2014 9:09 am

One last bump -

Tonight - Paul Thorn, 8pm - Love and War in Texas, Plano - anyone out that way look me and the wife up. Buy ya a beer!

Tomorrow night - Al Stewart and Dave Nachmanoff. Poor Dave's Pub - Downtown Dallas, same thing! I'll be there with one of the Son-in-Laws.

Sunday - 3:30pm, CST -

I feel a need to explain a bit, ConcertWindow is available on PCs, Laptops, Macs, Windows - Pads, phones, etc.

The charges work this way, CW gets $1 for every $3, Dave and I will split the other $2. Dave will get $1.50 and I will get $0.50, this is a deal we worked out between us. Any and all profits I get will go directly to "Autism Speaks" - a charity dealing with Autism as we have a Grandchild who is autistic. So, if you 'tip' $30 - CW gets $10, Dave gets $15, I get $5.

You can view anytime during the show, you do not have to be there when it starts! You ca buy a 'ticket' for however much you please with $1us being the minimum. You can 'tip' during the show, $3us minimum up to however much you like or multiple times. I will be monitoring the event here, Dave and I haven't worked out any details on if he wants to get involoved with the chat since there will be a live audience in front of him, from the shows I've watched, this usually does not happen in this particular setting, too distracting. Doesn't mean you cant ask!

I'm going to do my best to come online a bit early - probably 3:15 or so and we will stay 'up' during the entire show!

The plans for now are;

3:30 = Dave goes live, 45 minute set

4:15>4:30 = Break

4:30 = Dave plays another 45 minute set. So we 'end' around 5:15pm CST.

Sorry, can't 'stream' the beer, wine, or BBQ! Maybe someday!!

Oh yea, thanks for the comments on the "Open Mic" thing.

Music Junkie

Fri May 16, 2014 9:27 am

Sounds like you won't be doing much the next couple of days.... :P

Have fun, and I'll hoist a pint in your honor this weekend. B)

Jason

jayswett

Sun May 18, 2014 5:20 am

Looks like today is the day. Will be checking in later. Good luck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic