Brand New DVD Collection You Don't Want To Miss!

tgjameela

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

We're proud to introduce a completely rebranded DVD collection based around Neil's infamous Acoustic Guitar Master System!

The Compleat Rhythm Guitarist will take you on a learning journey, starting with beginning lessons and then moving into strumming and other skills you need to finally master the guitar. All of us on the site know and agree that Neil's teaching abilities help us to learn how to play our favorite songs in no time flat! (well, sometimes longer, when we're tackling level 9 lessons)

So here you have it: The Compleat Rhythm Guitarist Collection, 6 DVD's with everything you need to finally learn to play guitar like a master (or get a refresher if you haven't played in a while).

This collection is just in time for Christmas! If you've been wanting to share Neil's teaching ability with friends and family then this is the perfect option, plus as a bonus you'll get 60-days of free access to the Target program so that you can put your new skills to the test.

There are a few other juicy bonuses included in this package as well, so head over to AcousticGuitarMaster.com and check it out!

pure_objects

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:07 pm

I've been nervous about this offer, since I got the invitation and wondered if anyone had views on this.

Neil starts off the invitation with a couple of videos. Nervous reason 1: both videos are uncontrollable by the viewer - you either watch then all the way through or you don't watch them (by leaving the page). The first video ends with Neil asking about my guitar level (complete beginner, ex-player, etc. Then the next video starts with Neil thanking me for that information. The second video has Neil saying I'll get my customised invitation in a couple of minutes. I didn't receive anything, though later started to receive prompting emails to buy the DVD set. I sent a note to the email address that Neil gave in the second video ([email protected]) but that came back with an error that the email address doesn't exist. Replying to the subsequent prompting emails also got nowhere (though the address varied on those - with one from the totallyguitars domain).

Anyway, continuing with the offer, it links to another video. This doesn't feature Neil, just an anonymous voice reading though slide after slide about how great the system is. It was reminiscent of a scam video I watched a few years ago about a system for getting eyesight back to 20/20. Again, it's impossible to fast forward, pause or rewind the video, with hints of great associated offers to come. I think the surrounding page gradually filled out so it was actually possible, eventually, to click to the relevant link to buy.

If it wasn't for Neil appearing on the first two videos, I'd say this was a scam, having many of the features of one (including the year's guarantee and an assurance that it only takes 12 minutes a day to be playing well very quickly).

Assuming this isn't a scam, I have a few questions that I'd love to be answered.

[ol]
[li]What is the significance of the word "Rythm" in the title "The Compleat Rythm Guitarist"? I'm more interested in finger-picking but the video implies that the course will teach me the lot.[/li]
[li]Is Neil's revolutionary system available on the Target program? I'm not yet on it (have purchased individual lessons) but am considering it.[/li]
[li]What was the point of Neil's asking about my guitar level or saying I'd get a private email?[/li]
[/ol]

Also, if anyone has purchased this system, I'd love to get your opinion of it.

Tony

TGNeil

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:34 am

Hi Tony,

Great questions about the DVD set. I can probably shed some light on some of them. This project got underway because a lot of people asked about getting some of our Target content on DVDs. We decided to start with a combination of material designed to get, or improve the skills needed to be a good rhythm player. This means changing chords in time and being able to accompany singing, or play along with recordings. The core of the package is lessons on Strumming and Chords, along with a Beginning Lesson set, and a little Intro To Blues. Those 6 discs worth of lessons are available in the Target Program. One of the bonuses is our Fingerpicking Package, also available in Target, and the other is about an hour's worth of musings and ramblings, not part of Target.

The point of asking what level you are at is partly to see if what we have matches where you are, and where you want to be. I probably can't clear that up in a few words just yet.

I can elaborate on the 12 minutes a day though. One thing I tell students, especially beginners, is that it is important to pick up the guitar multiple times a day, even if only for a few minutes at a time. If you can stick with picking it up 3 times a day for a few minutes at a time you will improve rapidly. You will probably even find yourself playing more than 12 minutes but hey, that's a good thing, right?

I will look into the support email address. I just sent something there and no bounce back yet.

I will also relay your feedback on the video format to the folks who built the pages.

In any case, thanks for taking the time to ask about this and I hope I have cleared up a little.

All the best,

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic