Glenn Frey died today at 67

dottmcse85630

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Singer/Songwriters are in my opinion are some of the most gifted and insightful people. I have always had a respect for them but it wasn't until I picked up the sacred instrument and started to learn to play. WOW what a gift to have any of the three abilities to play the sacred instrument, sing or write songs. Glenn was one of those very unique people who did all three, and in my opinion very well.
I grew up with the Eagles, my favorite since 11 yrs old when I first heard Take it Easy. Glenn's solo efforts were always pleasant to hear.

I have been fortunate to live in the golden age of music. So many legends and great talents the 50's, 60', 70's have made our lives richer and for some made us more insightful too. Glenn Frey was one of those greats!
Thank you for your lyrics, music and your message.
:(

Dennis Ott

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:14 pm

... and another one bites the dust. R.I.P. Glenn.

The only consolation is that these vanishing artists were able to do so much in the time they had.
Maybe longevity is overrated as a measure of success ?

But still ... :(

daryl

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Thought I'd resurrect this one to pay my respects to Glenn Frey. John and I did this one four years ago! Unfortunately, YouTube muted the audio because of copyright issues. So I had to upload the audio (only) to SoundCloud. I'm playing rhythm lead and bass, and John is doing all the vocals. Hope I do the link right.

familyman4

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Nice job Daryl. This was before I joined TG so which "John" is performing this with you?

daryl

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:13 am

Hi Bart, "John" is jhall. He also went by jfhmusic on YouTube and SoundCloud. Unfortunately, John hasn't been around TG for a while. He and I did a number of collaborations while he was here. Perhaps that it was what drove him away. :-(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic