For Members that use Safari to access the site

TGKatherine

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the latest version of Safari has another trick and it will not allow you to play the lesson as usual. Besides having the Flash Player Plug-in installed, you need to enable the plug-in, as now Safari disables it by default.

Here are the steps to enable the Flash Player on Safari:

1. Go to the site using Safari.
2. From the Safari menu, please select Preferences.
3. Click on the Security tab; "Allow Internet Plug-Ins" needs to be checked.
4. Click PLUG-IN SETTINGS and select FLASH PLAYER from the column on the left.
5. Find TOTALLY GUITARS from the list of open websites and set the pop-up menu to ON.
6. Reload the page or Restart Safari.

Again, our personal recommendation is to use Chrome or Firefox to avoid the constant updates of this browser.

Hope that's helpful. Thank you Gene and Bryan for the heads up and for letting us know how to enable it again.

If you follow these steps and still need further assistance, please send us an email to [email protected] with details of what happens when you try to access the lessons and the version of the browser (guessing it's Safari) so we can help.

Have a good one!

Katherine

TGNesh

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Hoorah!! That did the trick! :cheer:

I thought I was the only one experiencing that. :S Started using Chrome because of it. The videos do play on Safari on my iPad, but they didn't on iMac. Neil did say it was still working for him though....hmmm.. :dry:

Oh well, fixed now, thanks Katherine, Gene and Bryan!

Ness

TGKatherine

Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:04 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Hoorah!! That did the trick! :cheer:

I thought I was the only one experiencing that. :S Started using Chrome because of it. The videos do play on Safari on my iPad, but they didn't on iMac. Neil did say it was still working for him though....hmmm.. :dry:

Oh well, fixed now, thanks Katherine, Gene and Bryan!

Ness

Neil might still have the old version and that'd explain why it works for him B)

Not sure why but Mac developers don't like Flash :S

Glad it works now! Ping me if it doesn't work in the future.

Take care Ness!

TGNeil

Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Hey Gang,

Glad to hear things are working better. I must have misinformed Vanessa because, although I've been a Mac fan since the mid 1980s, I gave up on Safari many years ago. I have been a Firefox fan since the very early days (remember Netscape?) and now always have that and Chrome running on a couple computers, including one destined to stay with Snow Leopard until I think I can abandon Final Cut Pro 7.

Neil

jayswett

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Can you give us some instructions regarding how to make these changes on our iphones? I can't seem to watch videos on my phone using safari.

TGKatherine

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:31 pm

jayswett wrote:
Can you give us some instructions regarding how to make these changes on our iphones? I can't seem to watch videos on my phone using safari.

Hi Jay, it should work by clicking twice each lesson part, is it not working now?

jayswett

Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:25 am

Safari on my cell phone seems to be working OK now. Not sure what the issue was over the last several days. Probably user error.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic