On A More Personal Note...

TGNeil

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:50 am

Hi Gang,

Thanks so much for the thoughts and wishes for our family. I have to let you in on the sad news that my mom passed away peacefully on Wednesday. We knew the stroke was severe enough that there was no chance of recovery and her wish if this situation were to arise was for us to let her go. She spent the last two days at home surrounded by the family. Everyone had a chance to spend time and talk with her. I spent about an hour playing guitar for her on Tuesday, even a little name-that-tune where she recognized Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring and Five Foot Two (which made her remember her life as a dancer). As I left she was sleeping comfortably and she left us less than 24 hours later. I am sure it was very easy for her.

She definitely knew how much everyone loved her and felt very connected to my TG Family as well. We are all at peace with the situation and I will be back in touch soon.

Neil

spinland

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 pm

So sorry for your loss, Neil. Now she's truly dancing with the stars.

familyman4

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:15 pm

So sorry to hear this news Neil.

If there is anything at all that Lisa and I can do to help you, please let me know.

Sending loving thoughts to you and your family....

Bart

sbutler

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Very sad news Neil. I just went through the same thing myself. However sad, you made her last moments , the best she could hope for. Thats something we should all hope for.

Our thoughts are with you now, and for the days to come. Get back to us when its time.

Scott

jcrocket

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Neil, Laura and I send our deepest condolences to you and your family. And thank you for sharing with us how she spent some of her final hours - knowing that you were able to bring her joy through your music, right up to the end, should be a source of great comfort in your time of loss.

Jeff

fjeanmur

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Neil,

I have been thinking about you and your family throughout the week. I know how important your mom was to all of you and she will surely miss be missed. My deepest condolences.

wrsomers

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Neil,
I am so sorry for your loss. Your last moments with her are special. How wonderful that you had the chance to be with her in that way.

I would like to share with you some words of comfort that were recited at my Mother's funeral, I hope they help you as they did me:

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at the wharf spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud, just where the sea and sky meet on the horizon. Then someone near my side says, 'There, she is gone.' Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of living weights to its place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her; and just at the moment when someone says, 'There, she is gone, on that distant shore there are other eyes watching for her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, Here she comes."

Bill

sandysue

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Dear Neil and family

So sorry to hear about your mom Neil. I'm glad to hear that you were able to share your music with her and spend meaningful personal time with her when she Needed you most.

Sandy

dottmcse85630

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:22 pm

So sorry to hear about that Neil. Love to you and your family.
It is so very touching how music reaches our soul.
I am especially thankful for your tutoring.
Your mom must have been so proud of you.

Dennis Ott

spinland

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 pm

wrsomers wrote:
I would like to share with you some words of comfort that were recited at my Mother's funeral, I hope they help you as they did me:
Bill: I know this thread isn't remotely about me, but your post made me weep tears of joy at its beauty. Thank you for sharing that, and those words are going into my library of cherished quotes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic