On A More Personal Note...

MarkM

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:29 am

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family Neil. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Take care,

Mark

rftejerry

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:15 am

Neil,

My sincere condolences to you and all your family on the lose of you mother. Your mother must have been a wonderful person to have raised such a nice and talented man as yourself. To lose a loved one at any age is very difficult. I am happy for you that you were able to enjoy 89 years together and her last day was filled with her son playing her favorite songs.

Jerry

jegreys536267

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:21 am

Neil,

I just heard about the passing of your mother. Sorry for your loss. I have had a similar loss. 'Time will help ease the pain; fond memories will help replace the loss.'
Best wishes.

Jim Evans

bobabraham19

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Neil,

Very sorry for your loss. I wanted to share a story with you about your mom. Two years ago at IGC (my first one) I came off the stage after playing South City Midnight Lady. She came up to me shortly after and said to me, "you're very professional aren't you?" I was really taken aback and almost couldn't respond. Was she talking to me?!? I finally said her, "well I certainly try." We chatted for a couple of minutes. But that comment always stayed with me. It was one of the many things that "made my camp" and keeps me working to be a better player, singer and performer. We will certainly miss her smiling face at IGC 2017.

Thanks for all you do.

Bob Abraham

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:36 am

Hi Neil,
I feel for you ... my sympathies !

How do we react when this time is near ?
For my own mom, I did finger-picking during the last hours at her bedside.

What came out was Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane" ... subdued.
I've been reassured that the sense of hearing holds on the longest before you pass on,
so hopefully, I had my intended audience.

And so it goes ...

You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but I'm getting blown away.

,,, and don't we all ?

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic