Target Addition: Tab to Plush lesson from MattB

TGNeil

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Gang,

We recently got a request to add tab to a lesson my dear friend MattB did for TG many years ago. Old timers will remember MattB as an old student I met when he was in high school who happened to be blind. He took lessons from me and my colleague Stef Beddeson until he went away to college where he eventually got a degree in classical guitar. Matt and I had lost touch for many years until I was contacted by blind student at TG who wondered how best to use the site. I tracked Matt down and we reconnected on the difficulties faced by blind musicians.
At the time he was making a living in Orange, Southern California, teaching guitar. I asked him to try a few video lessons for us and he put together some over the next few months, Plush being one of them.
Unfortunately, the tale turned tragic as he was diagnosed with cancer shortly after that and he was taken from us in 2012.
The request for tab to this lesson gave me the opportunity to re-watch his lesson and tab it out. I have to say I was blown away by the man's musicianship, knowledge, and ability to teach. I went through his whole lesson and wrote out the tab with very mixed emotions. I hope some of you will take the time to take a look at the lesson and remember him as I do, incredibly talented but short changed in the wheel of life.
The lesson is here Plush with MattB and the tab has been added.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:58 pm

Neil

I don't remember MattB doing this lesson.
I'm not familiar with Stone Temple Pilots, so took a look.

I came across these videos of Plush (one acoustic) and a link to some songfacts.

Adding the tab for MattB's lesson is a great tribute to him.

Dermot

jayswett

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:36 am

I recall fondly watching that great lesson, and learning the song well enough to play it at an open mic. This was prior to his passing, which was a sad time. No question. I never met him, but he seemed like a real gentleman and skilled musician. He was inspiring.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic