AWOL For A Few Days

TGNeil

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi Gang,

I just wanted to let you know that this week's Update will be postponed until next week as Nani and I are doing something everybody neglects to do pretty regularly, visiting tourist sights in your own back yard. Yesterday we took the plunge and visited Alcatraz, well actually we took the boat as you might have guessed. It was really cool and educational. According to a ranger there it was rated by tripadvisor as the number one attraction in the country (and eighth in the world!). We then hit the Lagunitas Brewery in Petaluma on our way to Healdsburg in the heart of the Sonoma County wine country. Today we will be heading into one of the three valleys that converge here, Dry Creek, Alexander, and Russian River. Tomorrow back to the real world, or as real as the one we live in.

There were a couple things that came up this week that I want to mention. The first was about Nils Lofgren. It was brought to my attention that we have no lessons on songs of his. I figured I would ask for some assistance from those more familiar with his stuff as to songs that have interesting, or playable guitar parts. And in general who else we may have missed over the years that we should look into.

The second was someone asking for more details on the picking pattern used in Coconut Grove by The Lovin' Spoonful. I thought it was clear enough but I know that over the years there have been times when I got requests for more info and I am happy to check them out. So my question here is are there any other songs that you remember thinking the same thing about? I can think of a half dozen or so that got additions (even like this week's addition of the solo version of Eye In The Sky) but wonder about other old lessons that could use updates.

Thanks for the thoughts and I will be back soon.

Neil