Musical Instruments To Be Exempt From Restrictions On Heavily Trafficked Rosewood

spinland

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Don't know whether this will happen in time to help Camp goers but it's a positive development regardless.

Musical Instruments To Be Exempt From Restrictions On Heavily Trafficked Rosewood

neverfoundthetime

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:38 am

Good news!
Now, lets hope this translates to ebony in an oblique way..... ebony will still be restricted but maybe customs officials will stop looking at guitars because the rosewood issue is resolved? Or do they still get us on ebony?

Of course, the fires raging the Amazon are destroying a gazillion times more rosewood and ebony than could ever be incorporated in all the guitars in the entire universe! Maybe get that fixed first?!

spinland

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:35 am

Wow! I hadn't known ebony was also an issue; perhaps because rosewood horror stories steal all the headlines? That's kind of ironic, as my favorite guitar has a fretboard and bridge and knobs made of ebony and it would never have occurred to me to fear traveling with it. Heh.

The Amazon fires are a much bigger problem, I agree; to my mind, they help underscore how trying to legislate away problems is often a fraught process. :S

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic