Acoustic Snapshot - What Child Is This/Child Of The Poor with Curt & Jen

TGNeil

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:43 pm

Hey Everybody,
Recently I recorded a track for a friend of mine to use as backing for a duet he planned to do at his church this December. More details follow but here is what we put together in a proper studio a few days later.

December 17, 2022

A couple months ago my friend Curt Walton asked if I would record a guitar part for him and his friend Jen Smith to sing at a church service in December of 2022. It was based on an earlier video he had come across of an original composition, Child Of The Poor, that had been added to What Child Is This, itself an adaptation of Greensleeves, a traditional melody from Shakespeare's day.

As it got into November he asked if I would accompany them live at the church, which I agreed to do. It went very well and we decided to book a little studio time at Highland Studios, my friend Joe Weed's place, to get a more polished performance while it was fresh in our minds.
This is what Curt put together from the footage and audio we shot on December 15, 2022.

Craig

Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:07 pm

Thank you for sharing with us Neil. That was beautiful!

Craig

TGNeil

Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:25 pm

Thanks Craig,

This was a fun project that my friend Curt asked about a few months ago. After we did it at their church service I felt it was worth doing more formally in a studio so we could share it with a bigger audience.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:20 am

Neil

That's a great acoustic snapshot.

Curt and Jen have great voices and sound amazing together.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic